Toshiba 27A43 help

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jeff_DePiazza, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Jeff_DePiazza

Jeff_DePiazza Auditioning

I've had this TV for around a year now and this is an issue from the moment i picked it up. Attached is a picture taken of the crosshairs of Halo on the Xbox. I am using the High Definition pack, BlueJeans component cables to a 1014TX, and then to the TV using BlueJeans component cables (This TV not an HDTV). You can see some 'ghosting' of the crosshairs to the left and it looks like the entire crosshair has a faint image to the slight left of it. I picked up AVIA and calibrated the display to the best of my abilities, but I have no idea how to get rid of this. Is this just something that I have to live with that is apparent with non-HD sets, or is there something wrong with the TV. I know how to get into the service menu, but I'm not going to mess around with those settings. I've read about the SVM disable and such, and I do not think that this TV has the ability to turn off this mode through software (and am a bit flighty about cracking open the case with voltage measuared in kV's). Any thoughts?

img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/juicer747/DSC00025.jpg

Oh, this site wont let me put up URL's until I have 15 posts...so you may have to cut and paste the above link in.

2. Chad B

Chad B Stunt Coordinator

Have you tried turning down the contrast control? I've seen some strange artifacts caused by having the contrast or picture control too high.
    That doesn't look like an SVM problem. SVM causes a glow around objects, usually on both sides.

3. Jeff_DePiazza

Jeff_DePiazza Auditioning

I calibrated the Contrast, to the best of my abilities, using Avia and its still there...but I did not see what would happen as I turned the contrast all the way down while playing the XBox. I can look at that further when I get back home. If it helps any, I get the same display problem when using my Toshiba DVD player as well. Are there any other 27A43 owners out there who have this problem?