Toshiba 27A41 - HELP!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Granville, Oct 6, 2001.

1. Granville

Granville Auditioning

Hi everyone,
    I just purcahsed a Toshiba 27A41 for my bedroom, just to learn that it doesn't have any way of changing the color temp in the user menu. Than I found out that I can't even get into the service menu because there is no MENU button on the TV!! Can anybody help me please? The cold color temp is driving me crazy!! [​IMG]
    Thanks a lot in advance!!
    Regards.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Are you sure about that, Granville? I have a two-year-old Toshiba CZ27V51 in my bedroom, and color temp settings are accessible from the user menu.
    Just what menus can you access from the remote on that thing? I'd think the 27A41 would be an improvement on my CZ27V51.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

3. Granville

Granville Auditioning

I'm afraid so, Jack. I only have one screen for "PICTURE", and all it has are the usual color, contrast, brightness, hue and sharpness, and nothing else. No different modes anywhere neither (CIMEMA, SPORTS etc).

4. JeffreyH

JeffreyH Stunt Coordinator

I'd be interested in this as well. I've picked this TV to buy for my bedroom. I read that it did have different picture settings such as Cinema and such.
    Are you saying that the picture isn't worth the money?

5. Granville

Granville Auditioning

Well, I did double check and I'm certain there isn't any feature that I'm looking for. Granted the picture is not terribly bad, but since I have watched a properly (more or less) calibtrated TV for 5 years, I just cannot stand a picture that's not of the correct color temperature. And I'm not ready to shell out a few hundred dollars for an ISF tech on a $300 TV...

6. Kevin Conway

Kevin Conway Auditioning

7. Granville

Granville Auditioning

The following is a reply from Toshiba Customer support regarding my problem:
    "Dear Valued Customer,
    For this problem we recommend you contact a Toshiba authorized service
    center for advisement. Please click the following link for local listings: www.tacp.com/service/servcntr.nsf/$$Search?Openform
    Thanks,
    Customer Solutions Center"
    I think I'm going to return the TV, sadly.

8. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Granville, I can make no guarantees whatsoever but you could try the code that works on the newer 20AF41/24AF41 models...turn the volume all the way down, then press the volume down on the front of the set and the number 9 on the remote, together for a few seconds. Once again, proceed at your own risk since I have no idea if this will work or what it will do. Your best bet is to get a hold of the service manual for the 27A41. I have a 27A40 and it seems to me that Toshiba has really lowered the features/quality of this lower end model line. I have color temperature control as well as other features that the A41 doesn't appear to have.
    good luck,
    --tom

9. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    The colour temp is usually located in another of the user option locations. Not picture.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Michael @ The Laser Video Experience