Toshiba 2700 tray rattles to bass?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I took the Panasonic RV31 back to the store because several things just did not set well with me about it. Then I replaced it with a Toshiba 2700 and have been trying to narrow down a rattle in the room. My two 15" subs are up front and the rattle and equipment is at the back. Why searching I pressed in on the door and found the source. I really like this player but cant live with the rattle! I was wondering if any one els found Toshibas to be rattle traps. I am considering taking it back and trying something els in the price range but running out of choices at this store. They do carry the Pioneer but I just have not to sure about them.
    What would you do?
    Wes

2. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

Have you already tried some gel feet for the player to isolate it from vibrations of the shelving? The rattle might be stoppable with just that maneuver if it isn't a vibration directled picked up by the player's own parts, but instead one which it is getting from the shelving which often can get a lot more acoustic energy gathered. I'd hate to see you have to buy a new player over just a tray rattle.
    ------------------
    Guy Kuo
    www.ovationsw.com
    Ovation Software, the Home of AVIA DVD

3. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I thought about trying something under it but I have two other DVD players one a Panasonic A300 and the other a Onkyo DR90 inwhich the trays seem to be better designed and built. If others have had similar complaints about the Toshibas trays I would consider taking this one back and trying another brand/model of player. I have only had it a couple weeks now so returning it is no problem.
    Wes