Toshiba 27" televisions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Chris_harpua, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Chris_harpua

Chris_harpua Agent

Im looking into buying one of these, anyone have any advice on which one to get. I cant spend more than $350, preferably under $300. I dont care about the sound from the set, im hooking it up to my Onkyo hts760, I just want one with a nice picture to replace my old 20" Panasonic that ive had for the past 7 years. I dont have room for anything bigger than a 27" though and Ive heard that Toshiba has some of the best pictures. Id like a variety of a/v connections and audio out. Dont care if its flat screen or not because glare isnt a problem for me. Thanks.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

The 27" inch "Flat Tube" Toshiba is a fine set. My picks would be Sony, JVC, Toshiba. I've never seen the Toshiba advertised for less than $379.99 but if you fight with them I would think it can be had for under $300 because I've seen the Sony FS100 advertised for $299.00 & the JVC AV-27FA44 for $277.00

3. Chris_harpua

Chris_harpua Agent

i checked the measurements on the flat screen and it wont fit in my entertainment center, its like an inch too wide, so i wont be able to get that one. are the regular ones decent as well? i was looking at a 32" one but my living room isnt that large and it would look out of place being that big so i have to settle for a 27". i also can save the money i was going to use on an entertainment center also, which is making my fiancee very happy.