Toshiba 27" or Samsung 27" Flat Screen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Campbell, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Campbell

Campbell Auditioning

hey Guys...HELP!

I am looking at the Toshiba and the Samsung flat screen. I don't know which to pick. The new Samsung the 2792 or the new Toshiba. I see the samsung has the 16:9 thing, but can someone tell me what that is? And does the Toshiba have a similar? I saw the both and they both semt o have great picture, but that also varied from which store I went into. Please help! Thanks!

Also, I found the site goodguys.com which offers rice guarantee and free shipping and no tax, but they don'tt sell the Samsung but have the Toshiba. They seem like a good deal if anyone is looking for an e-tailer. Does anyone know where is best? there or somewhere like Sears?

2. Chris Clarno

Chris Clarno Agent

Christian
    The Samsung does not have s-video connections. There is 1 component video. and two regular RCA (composite) inputs (1 front 1 rear). It's an odd exclusion that you should be aware of before you buy!

3. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Who told you it doesn't have s video ins. SURE IT DOES.
    Taken right from their site:
    Click on features

4. Chris Clarno

Chris Clarno Agent

Christian
    I'm sorry, it's the TXM2790F that lacks an S-Video connection.

5. Dan V

Dan V Stunt Coordinator

The 16x9 feature allows you to watch anamorphic dvd's at there full resolution. What it does is squeeze all 480 lines of resolution into the actual viewing area, none are wasted on the black bars. It gives you a remarkably better picture (33% improved resolution). I don't know if the Toshiba has it or not, but I would definetly go with the Samsung if it doesn't.