What's new

Toshiba 20" Component Video Not Centered... Advice? (1 Viewer)

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
I just picked up a 20" Toshiba TV, the 20AF42. So far, I'm not impressed. I mainly bought the TV for playing videogames with a PS2, and some DVD watching while in my office. I've noticed that when using the component (Colorstream) inputs, the resulting image/video is slightly pushed to the left. In quite a few games, this means I may be missing a small portion of the display. Its also extremely annoying. Some games let you adjust the display, others don't. I have yet to try a DVD player or another console (XBox), but I'm guessing they'll all have similar problems.

Is there anyway to adjust the image? No menu seems to work. I'm guessing that if the input device can't fix it, I'm out of luck.

Another fault of the display, the right border seems to have wave effect at times, causing the image to distort.

This is the first time I decided to save a bit of money and buy a non-Sony. Go figure. I've never had a problem with Sony tvs, they just work.

Anyone have better luck with the 20" Sony TVs with component inputs (KV-20FS100)?

Any help would be great, even if its telling me to return the tv, as its not an adjustable problem... Thanks!

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Scott,

Actually it does sound like an adjustable problem. You have to enter the Service Menu and correct the HPOS. This will likely clear up both side issues. Go to this site as there are different ways of entering the service menu depending on model and size:
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brand...rvicemenu.html

If the methods listed for service entry do not work with your set, check back here and I'll see what I can do. My 27AF42 entry is quite simple:

Press Mute(remote)--->Press Mute(remote) and Menu(set)--->
Press Menu(set) when you see the Blue 'S' appear and you're in. DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING WITHOUT WRITING IT DOWN FIRST. In your case the fix should be relatively simple unless there are other unknown issues.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
Scott, I wanted to ask what component cables you went with to hook up the PS2? I want to say I've heard of other gamers coming across this similar problem with some PS2 games, but like Paul explained, this problem will probably be easily fixed in the menu. Did you try playing a dvd yet in your PS2? I have this model of Toshiba and it's been great. Keep us informed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks