What's new

Tosh sd-6200 just died! Help Me!..... (1 Viewer)

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Well I guess there is a first time for everything .up untill yesterday ive never had anything go wrong with my gear,went to play Pearl Harbor,but it wouldnt load tried to eject it but no good,it wouldnt even shut down! :frowning: Now my question to you guys is should i sell this turkey,keep it, see what happens,or what? Right now Im "auditioning" a 4700,wich to my eyes has just as good a picture if not better.But Id really apreciate any advice you guys could offer.Thanks in advance,
Luis S

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Bummer. I have a 6200 that is coming up on a year old and when I put in JP3 last night it made a horrible racket and wouldn't load, but when I switched the disc to tray 2, it was fine. Maybe a short life span for these players? I hope not. I paid a lot for that thing. Like you I would check out the Kenwoods, but I am interested in the 4900.

Good Luck,

Russ

John Fieldstadt

Stunt Coordinator
Last summer I had a problem with the drawer mechanism when my unit was less than 3 months old. It was repaired by a local authorized Toshiba shop and when I got it back they had reversed the drawer trays (labeled 1 & 2) so I immediately called Toshiba and they agreed to replace my unit. I have not heard of anyone having a similar experience so it seems to have been an isolated event. Since then my unit has functioned flawlessly. Good luck.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Luis,

Do you have surge protection? If you don't, you may have gotten a surge in your power line that may have caused the unit to freeze up. I've never had any problems with my 6200.

Did you unplug the unit? This will usually reset the DVD player and you should be able to return to normal DVD viewing.

As far as replacing the unit I'd recommend what you budget would allow. If you can and you feel it worth it, go for it. Other than that, I think you have a great player and shouldn't really have to reinvest to get your dollars worth.

Troy

Luis S

Supporting Actor
Yep tried to unplug it.Helped get my disc out of there but when I tried another movie ,had to unplugit again to get the other disc out.at that point I just said the hell with it,unplugged it and took it for repair.should hear something tommorrow.In the event all is not well,any recomendations?Hopefully something with a great picture and quick layer changes.Thanks again!

Luis S

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks