1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tosh RPTV owners I need your help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff D, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

I have just noticed this on my Tosh tw56x81 and I need to know if this is a problem and if so what it would be called.
    Here is the problem using pana rp56 dvd player.
    Startup T2 get to the chapter with the diner in the begining, chapt 4 or 5.
    Press the Display button on the rp56 remote so you get the info (I have never moved mine from the top of the display) and highlight the subtitle item.
    Now just watch. Does the sharpness of the letters in 'On' or 'Off' (however you have subtitles set) change? As the color of the scene changes the sharpness changes. My display looks like crap with the letters almost being unreadable.
    Is this normal? If this is a problem how do I describe it to a tech to get it fixed?

2. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

I have an update, I've discovered using the Kenwood Sovereign disc that when horizontal lines are on the display that the ones at the top and bottom have the red and blue bending away from the white line. This happens only on right side of the display.
    Is this alignment, focus or what?

3. Jeff D.

Jeff D. Supporting Actor

4. Jeff D

Jeff D Supporting Actor

Jeff, the 9 point convergence had been set and checked and rechecked. The point which this happens is further right than the 3, 6 and 9 spots.
    I have accessed the service menu, but only to adjust the standard values for the normal settings, color, tint, brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc.
    Maybe I need to look at the 56 point menu... Although I'm not sure that would help the first problem. 206 enters as purple numbers on a yellow rectangle background. As the image on the tv changes these number shift from barely readable to one big yellow block with some black shapes inside.
    I'll be having someone come out, but they wanted the problem written up first. So I was needing to describe the problem as best I can. Maybe I've already done that... =)

5. Chris White

Chris White Second Unit

Jeff, the 9 point convergence had been set and checked and rechecked. The point which this happens is further right than the 3, 6 and 9 spots.
    --- which is why the 9-point convergence is worthless. I agree with Jeff K., this sure sounds like a problem that can fixed with convergence. If you do have a tech come out, ask him/her to reset your 9-point convergence to factory default and then fix the problem with the service-level convergence.
    ------------------
    http://www.bus.ucf.edu/cwhite/theater/theater.htm

6. Sean_S

Sean_S Auditioning

x