Tosh RPTV & center channel weight. Advice?...bit worried.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Brian Barnesky, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Brian Barnesky

I'm looking at a getting a full Paradigm v3 studio setup and have to decide by today or tommorow for a certain discount. I'm going with the 100's for my mains. From everything I read (local shop only had cc-470) I should match the 570 with the 100's. It is however 45 lbs and 11 more than the 470.

My current center is ghetto and much lighter so I've seen no bowing with my 57HDX82 over the last year. I do keep it back off the bezel though. I'd like it to come out to the front but feel this will kill the screen frame. I'm quite worried about this new weight on top.

I have super old plaster walls so an arm-like bracket won't work. A stand in front doesn't work well in my room since I just can't convince the coffee table to leave...if you know what I mean. I'm also a bit nervouse about making a stand on top since the support legs for this deep speaker would need to rest on the back and potential mirror bowing could occur?

Suggestions? Personal experience? Links to weight specs?

Thanks,
    b

2. John S

John S Producer

Tough call, I'd say if your worried, it is to much.

Not sure of a good solution for you either, I ended up doing what most here really hate, I put one on each side of the HDTV. When I go to a dedicated room, that will be one above and one below. But for now, it seems to work great, my speakers are a more near field design, and may be saving my arse on the setup though I'm not sure.