Tosh DST 3000 & OTA

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Elbert Lee, Feb 1, 2001.

1. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

I'm picking up this unit next week when it comes into my local store. I don't have cable or direct TV. How is this unit with OTA broadcasts?
    Elbert

2. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

One note- I just borrowed an older Panasonic HD STB and I can only pick up local Channel 7 (KGO/ABC) and 45 (KBHK/UPN) - Picture looks soft and for 45 and decent for 7. I'm missing a bunch of others. I'm using a radio shack amplified antenna. I dunno if the DST3000 will improve on getting more channels. Any insights on antenna options would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the Radio Shack UHF-only Bowtie antenna is sufficient? How about VHF?
    Elbert

3. Roger Clark

Roger Clark Stunt Coordinator

I can't speak for the Panasonic, however my DST3000 gets more stations than my TW65H80 TV or my VCR tuner were able to pull in and they look better too. And of course, they integrate with the program guide, so nice!
    Roger

4. Chuck Sullivan

I’m using the RS UHF bowtie ($15 model) with a DST3000 and picking up a VHF DTV channel 40 miles away at 100% with no fluctuations. At least I assume it’s VHF because it’s channel 13. I think channel 14 and below is VHF and anything higher is UHF. If this is true then it would seem this antenna would work for both.