1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Tosh DST-3000 for $449 !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sankar, Aug 16, 2001.

1. Sankar

Sankar Second Unit

I just purchased a brand new Toshiba DST-3000 with ALL accessories etc from Video Only (www.videoonly) for $449 + $15 shipping.
    I called all the stores listed on the web site .. most of them were reluctant to do a "remote" transaction and wanted me to physically come in (which I obviously could not!), but the one in San Mateo (650-578-1212) had a salesman called John R. Holmes who was willing to do what was needed (he even set the price as $417 on the invoice so that I ended up paying $449 with taxes etc !
    Shipping was prompt and I got follow up calls from John and also from Eric in the warehouse giving me tracking details etc. Highly recommended!

2. Brian Mello

Brian Mello Stunt Coordinator

most of them were reluctant to do a "remote" transaction and wanted me to physically come in...but the one in San Mateo had a salesman called John R. Holmes who was willing to do what was needed
    Hmmm, I thought that guy was deceased? I guess he is still doing what is needed! [​IMG]

3. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

Does anyone know if they have these in the store for the same price? I've been looking for a STB and that's by far the best price I've seen for the Toshiba DST3000. Guess I'll just have to give them a call.

4. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

5. Michael St. Clair

The specs on this seem the same as the DTC-100, other than the component outputs. Is there any advantage to this over the DTC-100 with the RCA component transcoder? Better multipath, or anything?
    Does this purchase price require DirecTV activation?