Tosh 65hx81 Price

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff.WL, Jul 29, 2002.

1. Jeff.WL

Jeff.WL Auditioning

Just purchased this set from OneCall and paid $2396.00 + $304 shipping. Was this a good price??? Also picked up the TOSH DVD 4700 at a closeou price of $169. What do you think?[​IMG]

2. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

I think you got a very good deal on the 65HX81, I don't know enough about the DVD player to comment. Congrats on your new purchase.

3. Jeff.WL

Jeff.WL Auditioning

Juan-Thank You for your reply. I'm just having a few second thoughts, maybe I should have looked closer at the Pioneer's. Seem's to be a lot of talk about toshes,540p issue and ghosting.

4. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

The 540P is not as bad as people are making it to be. I installed a progressive DVD player last night and my picture got better. No DVD is made with enough resolution to were the 540p is going to ruin the picture.

Ghosting is another problem, I don't have it and I also have a 65HX81. The color decoder on the Toshibas are the best out of the box. The Pioneers are nice sets to but they also have there problems.

5. Jeff.WL

Jeff.WL Auditioning

Juan R.

Thanks again for your input. It's helpful to know that you have this model and are pleased with it. I'm a total newbie re: HT and you have calmed my fears a little. I should take delivery of the set in about a week. May I ask you questions as I have them re: this set? I've posted only two on this board in the last four days and you are the only one who has been kind enough to respond. Thank You for your help.

Jeff

6. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

Jeff,

You can ask all you want I will try to help you best I can, you can also e-mail me if you would like.