Tosh 57HX81 and backlighting

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vlad D, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    I just received the Ideal-Lume backlight. I would like to mount it on the back of the TV so that the light faces the wall, but I don't want to use screws. Any suggestions? I tried it on the floor but light spills out from underneath the TV (annoying and distracting). Also tried it on top of the TV behind the center speaker, but the light is longer than the speaker. I think mounting it on the slanted part of the TV will work out best, but I would hate to screw it into the particle board.

Thanks,

Vlad

2. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    use some heavy velco strips.

If the light source is too strong, simply apply some alumnium foil over the light.

Gregg

3. jason_brumley

jason_brumley Auditioning

Use double sided tape to attach the light. I have several things stick to the back of my TV with this stuff, just pay extra and get the good stuff.

4. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Will the light's weight or the heat from the light affect the tape or glue on the velcro over time? I would hate to have the light fall off one day.

5. Guy Kuo

Guy Kuo Supporting Actor

I'd put it back on the floor and then place a strip of something opaque behind the read edge of the set to block the light leak. That long piece of scrap material left over from building your screen masks would be perfect. That ensures the lamp won't fall after a failed adhesive and get rid of the objectionable leak.