What's new

Tosh 50H82 is out! (1 Viewer)

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
So what happens if you have or buy a set *without* DVI??
It is at least conceivable that at some point in the future, new equipment that outputs an HD picture will only have a DVI connector and no analog component connectors, or if it does have component video outputs, an HD picture might be "down-res'd" to something like 960x540 under certain circumstances (like Pay Per View movies or HD-DVD).

Nobody knows for sure, so having a DVI input is a bit of insurance. Personally, I'm not worried about it at all at this point and would not base my buying decision on the inclusion or exclusion of this. But then I don't buy or even sell 3rd party extended warranties, so I'm not big up on the whole insurance thing. Can't say I've been burned yet either.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Question about DVI. Are the new Toshiba sets with DVI inputs also going to have component inputs? I was looking at the Toshiba 65HDX82 on Toshiba's website and saw no mention of component inputs, only DVI.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Forget above question. I went back to the site and found it. They also have "Dual ColorStream® HD Component Inputs."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks