Tosh 46H83 vs. Tosh 46HX83 ???

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tom#B, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Tom#B

Tom#B Stunt Coordinator

This is my first post. I'm a newbie, but reading these threads every day is a great learning device. I'm looking to acquire my first big screen and my first HD. I'm strongly considering the Toshiba 46H83 from onecall - $1350 shipped. Can anyone tell me in a nutshell the differences between the H series and the HX (Cinema Series)? Are those differences worth the price (approx extra $450)?
    I'd welcome any knowledgeable advice on really good RPTV's in the 46"-57" range. Thanks for all the help.

2. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

I've personally got a 46H83 at home and it's a great set with a great picture. I didn't have a choice at the time, but if I did, I would have gone with the HX. Side-by-side, there is pretty obvious difference in picture quality, but the big draw is that the HX CRTs degrade at a far lower rate than the CRTs in the H do. The HX also adds a few features like selectable SVM.

Soooo....the H83 is great and you'll certainly be happy with it, but the HX83 is indeed better enough to justify the difference in price (at least in my mind).