What's new

Tosh 40x81 and Nintendo Gamecube (1 Viewer)

Some games on my GameCube output a 480p signal. 480p is considered an HDTV signal so should I change the Colorstream input that it using to DTV from DVD?

Infact if your using any 480p device should the Colorstream type for that input on the TV be changed to DTV? Or is DTV only for DTV recivers?

CameronS

Supporting Actor
If I understand you correctly, the input labels are only there for the purpose of just that: Labels. If you are running a progressive signal to the TV, it shouldn't matter if you have it on DTV, TV, DVD or whatever. The TV will accept a progressive signal automatically.

Actually on this set the setting does affect the signal. You can noice that the image gets brighter when you select DTV. I'm sure it's showing the progessive signal I just think one may be a better setting.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Unfortuenately on this set, I have to run games in 480i, since switching to 480p locks the set in some wierd mode where Convergence and Geometry is SERIOUSLY screwed up. This happens in the STANDARD mode only, 480p works fine in THEATERWIDE and FULL, but being the OAR nut that I am, I wont play 4:3 games in these modes.

Jeff,

My 480p was screwd up too. I did a convergence for it in the service mode and it looks great.

Problem is game systems seem to have no over-scan. The 4x3 image is exactly that and you can see some weird things on the sides because of it.

Don't forget some games are 16x9!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.