Tosh. 27HLV95 for bedroom

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Kirk_T, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Kirk_T

Kirk_T Agent

Dec 15, 2004

Any thoughts would be appreciated!!

Does anyone know of another 27" LCD that has HDTV and/or Cable Ready along with a built in DVD player??

Where does everyone put their equipment when the TV is wall mounted?? (HD Box and/or DVD player)

One Call has this set for $1399.

2. Dick Knisely

Dick Knisely Second Unit

Oct 22, 2005
    I'd say that price is okay but not gangbusters.

We just got a 20" Tosh that's in the same line and it works well and looks good. Toshiba as a brand is always ranked well for TV/display reliability by Consumers Reports.

Many folks will tell you that the integrated DVD is a bad idea--I'd be one of them but this TV was for our bedroom also and the WAF on this was high so that's what we've got. That said it works and works very well. Sure is convenient as well.

As for the wall-mounting, think that one thru carefully. Once it's mounted you're not going to want to move it so be really sure that's what you want especially with the built-in DVD. You've got to leave floor space to get to the slot where the DVD goes, you paid for it so you don't want to then make it difficult or impossible to use. And that then figures in the second question because right below the TV is typically where you'd want to put the cable box.

Also consider whether you're going to just use the TV speakers or want some kind of exernal audio system. I reused an older 2.1 setup that works fine (a huge improvement over the TV speakers) and takes up little extra space. Again there's the issue of where to put that stuff, typically they'd go beside or immediately below the screen.