What's new

Tosbiba 3109 firmware (1 Viewer)

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
As I recently got problems with some DVDs I decided to take a look at what version of the firmware I have on my Toshiba 3109. It turned out to be version 1.120 which does not really tell me anything. What is the latest version and would an upgrade make any noticable changes?
I called Toshiba main support line and they could not tell me anything. They had no idea what version existed. They also told me that I cannot send it to them. I have to go to a local place and they can charge whatever they want to.
Ron Birk

EddieN

Agent
Actually if your still under the one year warranty you can send it to their service center (I think in Atlanta) and they'll do the firmware upgrade for free. The only reason you would want the upgrade is if it locks up on certain DVD's ?
------------------
- Eddie

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Anyone know of an online source for the firmware? I have no problem doing the upgrade myself, and would prefer not taking the unit into a shop.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
I got some info about the firmware upgrade from a local service center. They charge $50 for a firmware upgrade and the latest version is 3.0 and it came out in June 2001.
I wish I could get the chip and replace it myself.
Ron Birk

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Ron, where's the local service center you contacted? I'm in the northeast and may be interested in the firmware upgrade.
Thanks.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, go to this link and enter your state and product and they will tell you all the local service centers.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks