1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Tos 42H81, is an HX on the way....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry O. Henderson, Oct 21, 2001.

1. Larry O. Henderson

Larry O. Henderson Auditioning

Being closer to taking the plunge, I am tending to lean toward the 42 as opposed to the 50" as a size consideration. However in reading users comments about the differences between the H and HX Toshibas, especially the non-glare screen, I am compelled to ask if a 42HX81 is on the way. Glare is a definate possibility what with my wife constantly doing projects while watching movies (knitting and the like). In my opinion the only light in the room should be "exit" lights in both ceiling corners ( I spent way too much time in theaters in my formative years).
    Does the 50HX81 yield a better image than the 42H81? Is it worth the extra $500 or so? I will be jumping into the deep end of the pool by years end so I have a few months to cogitate on this but any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Kevin Roebuck

To answer your question........there is no 42HX81 in the 2002 Toshiba line.