What's new

"Torture Chamber Of Dr. Sadism" Coming To DVD (1 Viewer)

BillDP

Auditioning
Hi. I read over at Mondo Digital that on 8/19, a company called Jef Films, Inc. will be releasing the Christopher Lee Film, "The Torture Chamber Of Dr. Sadism" on DVD. This has always been one of my all time favorite films and the news has made me a bit excited. Does anyone know more about this? Is anyone familiar with Jef Films and what kind of product they put out DVD-wise? Thank you. I'm sorry if this is posted incorrectly but I'm new here and trying to learn the ropes. :)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Bill, you're the first person I know that is dying to see this film on DVD as much as me. A really creepy film, especially the ride through the forest, it scared the crap out of me as a kid.

I never heard of this company and the name itself makes me a little wary but I'm crossing my fingers.

BillDP

Auditioning
I see your from NY Jay. Maybe like me you remember seeing "Dr. Sadism" on late night TV on Channel 9's "Fright Night"? That's where I remember seeing it for the first time and since that point, I've really come to love the film and have been hoping it would eventually make it to DVD. I hope this report turns out to be true and that the release is fairly decent so I can replace my old, worn VHS copy of the film. At this point, I don't even care much about extra's as long as I can get a decent uncut copy of the film in OAR with original opening title sequence. However, since I'm not all that familiar with Jef, I'm not holding out much hope.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Yep, I remember Fight Night and Chiller Theatre on WPIX Channel 11. I grew up on those stations which may explain my insatiable need for horror & sci-fi films on DVD.

The torture scenes where the mask is put on Lee's face and the quartering by horses also really got to me. Let's hope Jef does right by this film.

BillDP

Auditioning
Apparently all signs point to Jef being pretty much a "budget" DVD company and that their VHS of the film is under the "Castle Of The Walking Dead" title and runs only 70 minutes. If that is the case and the source they will use for the DVD, I'll skip it and stick with my VHS copy as it runs a lot longer then that.

And yes, "Chiller Theater" and "Fright Night" were a great part of 70's NY youth as well as Channel 5's "Creature Feature".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks