Toronto -- Who custom builds big screen wall units??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Miguel Stanic, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Miguel Stanic

Miguel Stanic Stunt Coordinator

I have a Sony 51HW40 and I'm looking to get an oak veneer type wall unit constructed. Something that just frames the TV with fluting on the sides, a shelf for the center speaker on top of the TV and a crown moulding on top....something like this.

Does anybody know where/who, in the Toronto area, custom builds this kind of entertainment furniture. I've already checked Custom Cinema & Sound in the Mississauga area so I'm looking for other places. Please help. Can I buy something already made for this specific TV size and model with what I have in mind?

thanks.

2. Stephane

Stephane Stunt Coordinator

Hmmmm you could also go to just a carpenter. he could build you a unit to fit your criteria as much as you like. I do not know anyone down in Toronto that could do it. Sorry.
    Also look at Laurier funiture, they have very beautiful units, one may catch your fancy.
    http://www.premierehometheater.com/

3. Miguel Stanic

Miguel Stanic Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Stephane,

They definitely have some nice units. However, I'm just interested in the framing around the TV so that I can get the center channel on a shelf just above it. I'm not interested in the rack/shelf units that normally go on the right and left side of the TV. Thanks for the suggestion about a carpenter...it's just not everyday that you need to look for one.

take care.