Toronto Area - Discount on Paradigm Subs?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tim Hewitt, Apr 25, 2002.

1. Tim Hewitt

Tim Hewitt Auditioning

On the advice from others in this forum, I thinks it time to upgrade my Paradigm PS-1200. The SVS PCI subs or HSU VTF-3 would be my first choice but the final cost in Candian $$ more than I want to spend. That leaves me considering a Canadian manufactured solution like a Paradigm PW-2200 or Servo 15. I'am looking for a dealer in the Toronto area that is known to discount these subs. Any suggestions? Email me if you would perfer not to post.

Thanks

Tim

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Another option would be to contact this guy about an Adire Dharman.
    http://www.creativesound.ca/
    I don't know for sure if he will be carring the Dharman, you'll have to contact him to find out.
    The other bonus is he is located in Mississauga ON, so that could save you a lot on shipping and brokerage.
    He is just getting started, and I mean just. But from all accounts he is definately worth giving a shot.

3. AaronMg

AaronMg Stunt Coordinator

Fairview Hifi Has Paridigm. You can call them at
    905-681-1872 or visit the website at http://www.fairviewhifi.com/ They're located in Burlington around Ikea.

4. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

I was thinking about Paradigm pricing in Canada just earlier today, could someone from around Toronto tell me some stores that carry their Monitor line, and how much they list for the 7's and 9's? Thanks a bunch!

5. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The Monitor 7 street price should be around $650CDN. Which is about $400USD.

6. Steve Zimmerman

Steve Zimmerman Second Unit

I like Paradigm subs, especially at Canadian prices.

--Steve

7. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

$400USD Dustin!? Holy.....I'm gonna PM you with another qusetion. [​IMG] YGPM. ^_^

8. Tim Hewitt

Tim Hewitt Auditioning

Dustin

Thanks, I called Creative Sound & left a message inquiring about the Dharman sub.

bb

9. henning hoffmann

henning hoffmann Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine just got a new Paradigm 2200 sub for $775 Cdn, though this is in Ottawa.

10. Jedd

Jedd Second Unit

FYI

When I was exploring Canadian prices, I found a message from Quebec guy, that he paid 670 CAN plus tax for PW-2200 in Stereo Plus.

11. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

I've been considering a trip to canada at the end of this summer for paradigms....and with the prices everyone is saying in this thread I dont think i can afford not to go there. pw-2220 for like 400 us...thats amazing. My dealer has the ps1000 and thats 520.

12. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

I'm really really considering buy the Paradigms in CA, and PMed someone who gave me a suggestion, but should I be worried at all that it's strictly a Canadian warantee?
    Lastly, if someone went up and bought the speakers, how much would they be to ship, after you got back in the states, assuming I can't make it up after this summer?
    Thanks. This upgrade bug is really biting hard. [​IMG]

13. Nick_Shah

Nick_Shah Stunt Coordinator

14. Tim Robbins

Tim Robbins Agent

Hey Joe

Why don't you just by Paradigms from some place closer to you like Windsor, or Sarnia Ontario (across the river from Port Huron MI), and drive 'em back yourself. These speakers are "cheap" by U.S. standards everywhere in Canada, not just in Toronto. It'll make your drive a lot shorter. Also, it would be easier if you had to bring 'em back for warranty work.

Tim

15. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

yeah, I just realized that the other day, Windsor's like my backyard. I figure, go get some speakers and gamble away the rest that I saved? [​IMG] jp, but thanks for reminding me.
    Does anybody know of any specific Paradigm carrying stores in Windsor? I could always look em up on the website I guess.

16. Dave Schofield

Dave Schofield Second Unit

What sort of duty or customs to they collect at the border on (for example) a Servo 15?

17. JesseR

JesseR Stunt Coordinator

If i'm understanding what everyone has been saying there is no duty on canadian products such as paradigm. If you bought something like a denon while there then ud pay duty....someone said 4 % but I really dont know if thats right or not

18. Nate Thompson

If you're going to Windsor, visit Live Wire Audio (http://www.livewireaudio.com). I bought all of my Paradigms there, and their service can't be beat! Very knowledgable and excellent demo rooms to sample different speakers. There is a map on their website, and it isn't too difficult to get to if you go over the bridge.