Tori Amos tickets

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Burkes, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Who here got Tori Amos tickets? Where are you going, and where are your seats? I'm going to Atlanta, and I screwed up and didn't have the password to order tickets yesterday morning, so I got on the floor but on the 44th row. Arrgh... Oh well. Should be a great show from what I've heard. This will be my first time to see her live. Looking forward to it. Later!

Rob

2. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

Rob,

Although I don't plan on going this time around, your header subject reminded me of the last Tori show I attended at the Oakland Colluseum in '96. I sat (what felt like) miles and miles away from the stage. Through the binoculars she looked like an ant, with the naked eye she was not visible. Tori and her band put on an *amazing amazing* live show, they always do, but there is something weird about watching her more intimate 'non rock' songs being played in such a massive venue. Her body language is so expressive while on stage that you lose part of the performance if you can't see her.

If you have not yet picked up 'To Venus and Back' (which I assume you have), give another listen to the live version of Waitress. It is one of most powerful renditions of any pop/rock song I have ever heard. And that's saying a lot.

Have a great time at the show.

~joseph

3. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

In Montreal they go on sale saturday... I hope they are not too expensive, I'll try to get one as I've never seen here live.