Tori Amos DVD

Discussion in 'Music' started by Robert Burkes, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Robert Burkes

Robert Burkes Second Unit

Hi, everyone! I recall hearing something about Tori Amos filming a live show once her Scarlet's Walk tour was over. This show was supposed to be released as a DVD. Has anyone heard any news on the progress of this project? I can't wait for it to finally be released. I saw her 3 times on this tour, and it was phenomenal. Later!

Rob

2. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Cinematographer

Can't say that I have heard anything about it. However, I can say that Tori's DVD catalog is SEVERELY LACKING. Where are DVD reissues of the following? :

Little Earthquakes
    The Complete Videos 1991-1998(updated to present of course)
    Live From NY

I have all three of these on VHS and am growing impatient waiting for the executives responsible to get their heads out of their collective asses and release them![​IMG]

.....(breathes deeply) Okay, I'm done with my rant now.:b

Any DVD from Tori Amos would be welcomed. I just wish they would hurry up with the rest of it.

3. Clint B

Clint B Second Unit

I don't know if it's going to be the complete performance or just some songs on a highlights disc, but I've heard that at least some of her performance for "Soundstage" that just aired on PBS will be available on dvd. I thought I also heard that another one from the Scarlet's Walk tour will be released (but perhaps they were talking about the "Soundstage" one...I don't know).

4. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

I've heard from a source at Warner that they will be issuing a "greatest hits" cd in either Oct-early Nov. but have not decided on a dvd set. But things at Warner are constantly changing, so who knows.

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

[​IMG]

6. MikeDeVincenzo

MikeDeVincenzo Stunt Coordinator

Lads,

The info is this:

Tonight's show in West Palm Beach, FL, the final show of the tour, is going to be filmed for later dvd release.

Source: www.thedent.com and www.toriamos.com's email list.

About Soundstage: Some Toriphiles called up PBS and were told that a DVD release of the performance is very likely. The phone ops were even taking people's credit card information.

Finally, the best of collection will be released on November 18th in the US. It will be featuring re-worked versions of some old classics and two new songs. You can place a preorder at

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

8. MikeDeVincenzo

FYI, the setlist from last night's show in West Palm Beach:

Wampum Prayer
    a sorta fairytale
    Sugar
    Crucify
    Cornflake Girl
    Bells For Her
    Concertina
    Take To The Sky/Muhammad My Friend
    Wednesday

Band Leaves

Leather
    Cloud on my Tongue
    Cooling

Band returns

Your Cloud
    Tombigbee
    Virginia
    Father Lucifer
    Professional Widow
    I Can't See New York
    Precious Things

1st Encore

Sweet Sangria
    Past the Mission

2nd Encore

Tombigbee (reshoot)
    Amber Waves
    Hey Jupiter (Dakota Version)

The only variance from the written setlist was a second performance of Tombigbee instead of Caught a Lite Sneeze. A bummer, cause that would have been a sweet song to have on the DVD (particularly since I'm a huge NIN fan as well!), but I can't complain about that setlist. Really looking forward to the DVD, to say the least.

9. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I'm glad she played bells for her and leather. Too bad cooling or upside down, all the girls hate her, or famous blue raincoat weren't on it. Good set list, bet it was a great show!
    who opened, btw?

10. MikeDeVincenzo

Philip,

She did Cooling right after Cloud on My Tongue [​IMG]

11. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

OHH! I missed it.
    I've only seen her perform it once and it's a favorite!

12. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

Boys and Girls...

There are now 4 Tori Amos DVD's that should have been released.

Video Collection
    Plugged Show
    Scarlet Sessions
    Last Scarlet's walk show.

None have been released although all have been recorded for DVD. I actually was at the taping for Scarlet Sessions and they've only used the footage for VH1 and Trio. [​IMG] No word on what's happening but I'm really aggravated with the way she's been treated on DVD. It sucks hardcore.

I have to say that I wished the Plugged show would get released since that and the solo 2001 tours were the best. REALLY not fond of the Scarlet's Walk tour. Howie Day was phenomenal as her opening act for part of it. In fact, he was the best part of the Riverside show. I've seen her live about 11 or 12 times and just thought that if she's going to do it with a band, she needs a guitarist. It's seriously lacking without it. And also, when I just saw her she seemed pretty wiped out. She's getting more distanced from the audience.

In any case, just got my DVD recorder and I'll be putting Storytellers and Sessions @ West 54th and Oxygen and the Pay Per View special and Soundstage and many others onto DVD because I'm sick and tired of her getting screwed over.

The DVD that comes with the greatest hits is just going to be another 3 song dealie which is total BS to me. She deserves better. But then again, she left Atlantic for a reason.

13. MikeDeVincenzo

CraigL

Don't forget "Live in NY". Her performance of "Precious Things" was SICK that night. [​IMG]

14. CraigL

CraigL Screenwriter

15. MikeDeVincenzo

Craig

True, but if there's one thing I'd absolutely love to have on DVD, its that performance.

IMHO, Amos was at the height of her creative powers on Boys for Pele and the Dew Drop Inn tour that followed it. She seemed simply possessed (and I choose that word carefully) by the muse.

16. Chris

Chris Lead Actor

Mike, in many ways I would agree.. the Dew Drop Inn tour has a special place in my heart..

Tori has a very special place here in my household; met my wife due to our mutual enjoyment of her music, and during a disasterous period of my life, it literally made the difference (doubt it? I came out of a coma from 68 skull fractures and worked through rehab to "Under the Pink")

I would pick up every damn DVD issued from UtP / LE performances [​IMG]