What's new

Tori Amos DVD (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Hi, everyone! I recall hearing something about Tori Amos filming a live show once her Scarlet's Walk tour was over. This show was supposed to be released as a DVD. Has anyone heard any news on the progress of this project? I can't wait for it to finally be released. I saw her 3 times on this tour, and it was phenomenal. Later!

Rob

Clint B

Second Unit
I don't know if it's going to be the complete performance or just some songs on a highlights disc, but I've heard that at least some of her performance for "Soundstage" that just aired on PBS will be available on dvd. I thought I also heard that another one from the Scarlet's Walk tour will be released (but perhaps they were talking about the "Soundstage" one...I don't know).

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I've heard from a source at Warner that they will be issuing a "greatest hits" cd in either Oct-early Nov. but have not decided on a dvd set. But things at Warner are constantly changing, so who knows.

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Lads,

The info is this:

Tonight's show in West Palm Beach, FL, the final show of the tour, is going to be filmed for later dvd release.

Source: www.thedent.com and www.toriamos.com's email list.

About Soundstage: Some Toriphiles called up PBS and were told that a DVD release of the performance is very likely. The phone ops were even taking people's credit card information.

Finally, the best of collection will be released on November 18th in the US. It will be featuring re-worked versions of some old classics and two new songs. You can place a preorder at

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I saw 6 shows on the past tour
this has been a great tour, I caught her twice on this one, and once on each of the last three, IMO this has been her best tour. Though when she toured for strange little girls rufus wainwright opened and was fantastic. rhet miller was OK and howie day kind of sucked. I can't remember who opened for her on the mp3.com tour or choirgirl tour (nor can I remember the official tour names, oh well)

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
FYI, the setlist from last night's show in West Palm Beach:

Wampum Prayer
a sorta fairytale
Sugar
Crucify
Cornflake Girl
Bells For Her
Concertina
Take To The Sky/Muhammad My Friend
Wednesday

Band Leaves

Leather
Cloud on my Tongue
Cooling

Band returns

Your Cloud
Tombigbee
Virginia
Father Lucifer
Professional Widow
I Can't See New York
Precious Things

1st Encore

Sweet Sangria
Past the Mission

2nd Encore

Tombigbee (reshoot)
Amber Waves
Hey Jupiter (Dakota Version)

The only variance from the written setlist was a second performance of Tombigbee instead of Caught a Lite Sneeze. A bummer, cause that would have been a sweet song to have on the DVD (particularly since I'm a huge NIN fan as well!), but I can't complain about that setlist. Really looking forward to the DVD, to say the least.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I'm glad she played bells for her and leather. Too bad cooling or upside down, all the girls hate her, or famous blue raincoat weren't on it. Good set list, bet it was a great show!
who opened, btw?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Boys and Girls...

There are now 4 Tori Amos DVD's that should have been released.

Video Collection
Plugged Show
Scarlet Sessions
Last Scarlet's walk show.

None have been released although all have been recorded for DVD. I actually was at the taping for Scarlet Sessions and they've only used the footage for VH1 and Trio. :frowning: No word on what's happening but I'm really aggravated with the way she's been treated on DVD. It sucks hardcore.

I have to say that I wished the Plugged show would get released since that and the solo 2001 tours were the best. REALLY not fond of the Scarlet's Walk tour. Howie Day was phenomenal as her opening act for part of it. In fact, he was the best part of the Riverside show. I've seen her live about 11 or 12 times and just thought that if she's going to do it with a band, she needs a guitarist. It's seriously lacking without it. And also, when I just saw her she seemed pretty wiped out. She's getting more distanced from the audience.

In any case, just got my DVD recorder and I'll be putting Storytellers and Sessions @ West 54th and Oxygen and the Pay Per View special and Soundstage and many others onto DVD because I'm sick and tired of her getting screwed over.

The DVD that comes with the greatest hits is just going to be another 3 song dealie which is total BS to me. She deserves better. But then again, she left Atlantic for a reason.

MikeDeVincenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Craig

True, but if there's one thing I'd absolutely love to have on DVD, its that performance.

IMHO, Amos was at the height of her creative powers on Boys for Pele and the Dew Drop Inn tour that followed it. She seemed simply possessed (and I choose that word carefully) by the muse.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Mike, in many ways I would agree.. the Dew Drop Inn tour has a special place in my heart..

Tori has a very special place here in my household; met my wife due to our mutual enjoyment of her music, and during a disasterous period of my life, it literally made the difference (doubt it? I came out of a coma from 68 skull fractures and worked through rehab to "Under the Pink")

I would pick up every damn DVD issued from UtP / LE performances ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks