What's new

Torchwood - Season 3 on BBC America (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Last night's first 75 minute episode of Children of Earth was an explosive beginning to this nightly five episode run. The second episode is on tonight at 6:00 and 9:00 P.M. in the Pacific Time Zone.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
By the way, in case anyone wondered ....

The first episode was available On Demand (on Comcast) this morning, but it was not a "director's cut" version. It must have been the same as what was aired on BBCA last night but just with 3 very short BBCA commercials in it. The running time with those (but without the leading commercial) was 1:00:58
It was only better than as broadcast in that I had less commercials to skip over.

There are supposed to be cliffhangers after each day. They sure ended the first one with a big one.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Fantastic Mini - Series, but I'm glad I watched it before buying the Blu Ray, it's pretty Dark and Harrowing and I'm not sure the Replay value. That Said, it was some of the best TV , especially Sci Fi TV, with a current bent that I've seen of late.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Never saw season 1 and 2, but I'm really enjoying the mini series. Anyone know exactly why Jack is immortal?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Vlad D

Never saw season 1 and 2, but I'm really enjoying the mini series. Anyone know exactly why Jack is immortal?
I can't remember whether it was explained in Torchwood S2 (it was a mystery throughout season 1), but it was explained when he returned to Doctor Who S3.

Meanwhile, I have to wonder what happened to the pterodactyl. Was it still around at the end of last season? And if so, did it fly out before the end of episode 1? Also, there is at least one body being stored and a Weevil (still?) that I would guess also need to be accounted for.

Edited by NeilO - 7/23/2009 at 06:31 pm GMT

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Jack was Made Immortal from the consequences of the episode "Parting of the Ways" by his interaction with the daleks

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
In the final episode of series 1 of Doctor Who Jack is exterminated by the Daleks. The Doctor's companion Rose ends up opening a panel in the Tardis which allows her to absorb the heart of the Tardis and basically become a god who see's the whole of time and has the power to create and destroy. She uses this power to destroy all of the Daleks and bring Jack back to life but the power is killing her so the Doctor absorbs the energy which causes him to regenerate. Rose remembers nothing.

Its revealed in the first episode of Torchwood that Jack is immortal and in the Doctor Who episode Utopia the Doctor explains that Rose brought Jack back to life but she didn't really know how to control the power and she brought him back forever. The Doctor abandoned Jack because Jack is now a fixed point in time ( he'll always be around) and that's not supposed to happen and as a Time Lord the Doctor finds looking at Jack disturbing. They make up quickly though and Jack accepts his fate and decides to stay on Earth because he loves his team and the work that Torchwood does.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
You also Forgot to Add that Jack is really the "Face of Boe" and does Die onscreen on a Doctor Who Ep.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

You also Forgot to Add that Jack is really the "Face of Boe" and does Die onscreen on a Doctor Who Ep.
I think that is just implied. If he really is there will be an interesting story to see how he evolves into that form.

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Dave Scarpa

I left that bit out since I don't think Jack was serious, despite what Russell T. Davis may say. If you watch closely during Utopia Martha mentions the Face of Boe while Jack is listening and he doesn't react in any way. Also Boe is well known enough to be the answer to a question on the Weakest Link so a Time Agent would have likely heard of him long ago and Jack should have put two and two together and thought "Wait a minute! He has the same name as I did!" I think he was just messing with the Dotor and Martha the same way he messes with the Torchwood team (like his reference to being pregnant in the first episode of Torchwood for example).

rvanward

Auditioning
Real Name
Randy
Well, the Face of Boe was pregnant in one of the dr who episodes. I got the impression he really didn't know he was the "Face of Boe" when he told Drs. Who and Jones about being the poster boy of the boeshain peninsula, but something he figured out later. It would be funny if he thought he was playing a joke on them, but it really turned out to be true.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if they will be rerunning "Children of The Earth" again? I was on vacation and missed all 5 days and for some reason my DVR didn't pick up on any of them.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
If you have Comcast On Demand you can get it that way. The DVD with the series has been released. It doesn't appear on BBCA's broadcast schedule.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett Adams

In the USA Torchwood will return on Starz Summer 2011.
I'll have to wait for the DVDs unless there is a free Starz promotion. At Dish Network, Starz is $13 per month on its own.

Comcast has a notice saying

Get Starz today! You can easily add Starz for only $10 more per month for 6 months when you sign up for any Comcast Triple Play or Digital TV service.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks