What's new

Pre-Order Topper (1937) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
They did the same thing with One Million BC (another Roach film put out by VCI). It was up for a day or two, then got cancelled. It came back a month or two later. I just got it in the mail and it's fantastic.
True. I'd forgotten about that one, even though I had it on pre-order.

VCI put it up via their new sales presence on Amazon, Sprocket Vault, for $21. I placed an order from them Sunday and then Amazon cancelled my pre-order. I'm not upset as I'll save ~$12 over the Amazon + tax price. BUT - Once again, it's not available although the Sprocket Vault listing Sunday showed a Sept. 7th availability date. That order is still open so hopefully they'll come through, on both that one and the Topper films.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
It amazes me that there are still people making home video titles who think they can get away with not selling their titles on Amazon. I buy hundreds of discs a year, and 99% of them come from Amazon. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
It amazes me that there are still people making home video titles who think they can get away with not selling their titles on Amazon. I buy hundreds of discs a year, and 99% of them come from Amazon. I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

I am sure that you are not alone, but in the interest of keeping the marketplace competitive,
I recommend that people look to more than one retailer.
This year I have purchased only a couple things from Amazon and I have found better prices.

I feel that using retailers like dvdplanet (when discounts & lower prices on items are offered) and going directly to sources (such as Kino when a sale) is a better thing for all if we wish to continue to live in a viable market rather than enabling the continued growth in power of a monopoly retailer.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
But when I have to pay for shipping, it comes out the same. And Amazon delivers two days even on Sundays. To me, customer service is the most important thing. I've had bad experiences with Deep Discount. With Amazon, I can get on text chat with them and the fix things right away. If a company does its job better and its prices are competitive, I'll give them my business.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
"Topper" blu ray doesn't seem to be currently available at VCI Home Video website. Is it only only going to be available from The Sprocket Vault Store on Amazon, when they get stock until there is a wider release? It is showing, as mentioned in an earlier post at Classicflix with a Halloween release date. One Million Years BC blu ray is available on the VCI website.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
All of the Amazon listings are from third party sellers so it may be a bootleg product.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I've never heard of Sproket Vault. Is that a vendor you're familiar with?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I've never heard of Sproket Vault. Is that a vendor you're familiar with?
Based on emails I've received, The Sprocket Vault is a partnership between VCI and Kit Parker for an Amazon presence. You can still purchase directly from VCI but also through that Amazon presence, sometimes with better prices, especially saving on shipping with small orders.

I'm curious as to whether or not they'll release "Topper Takes a Trip" and "Topper Returns" on BR as well. I'd like to have them in good copies but don't want to get the DVD if BR releases are planned.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
In that case, it's obviously legit. Some smaller outfits choose to sell as an Amazon third party rather than through Amazon directly to try to have more control over pricing and commissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks