What's new

Top Ten Digital Photography Tips (1 Viewer)

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
Thats a good read.

Some odd concepts for shooting with the sunglasses. I shocked he didnt mention using a magnifying glass for macros, it works very well. As for warming up those shots with a sunglasses, eh I push the white balance setting around to do that or I will post process my photos.

Ed

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
I liked his idea for changing the white balance setting to ‘Cloudy’ but the sunglasses trick I’d probably never do. I believe that suggestion was for point & shoot cameras that don’t accept filters, or if you don’t have a filter.

My favorite pair of sunglasses brings out the reds, and yellows while still allowing the sky to appear blue. They remind me of Blue Blockers sunglasses, but the sky still appears blue. When held up next to a white light they appear to be fairly dark sunglasses with a magenta tint. They make flowers, fall foliage & landscapes like the Grand Canyon really appear more beautiful than they already are.

I’m trying to find a filter that will give me the same results as those sunglasses. Perhaps a circular polarizer filter stacked with B+W’s Redhancer 491 will do the trick:

B+W Redhancer 491 Filter

Do any of you have experience with a Redhancer?

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
I'd rather go the post processing route in photoshop than stacking filters, I'd just use the a good polarizer. When you start stacking glass you have the potential of reducing your image quality. Adjusting levels in PS is rather easy and you can do all kinds of nice color adjustments.

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Thanks Ed. I'll just order the polarizer. I read elsewhere that the Redhancer filter is not multi-coated and they also suggested making color corrections with PhotoShop. That filter is probably more useful for film cameras.

Taking out a portion of the orange spectrum is something I haven't tried yet with PS. Time to hit the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks