Top Spin freezing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Daren Welsh, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

I got Top Spin shortly after it came out and played it non-stop. I created 3 or 4 characters and everything worked just fine. Then, after getting some experience with the game, I decided to create another character and allocate points a little differently for skills. When I went to the backhand coach for this character's first time, on the 4th ball, it freezed. I restarted the Xbox several times and it kept repeating. I played with another character. I created a different character. I even deleted all the Top Spin save game data from the HD and started anew. Now it freezes at that point every time. WTH?

I chatted with an Xbox rep and not suprisingly, they were no help. They suggested I exchange the game disc. I seriously doubt I could convince bestbuy to do that since it's been over 30 days since I bought the game. I might try it though, since my other options are slim. I'm not going to send my xbox in for repair when that costs half the price of a new one.

2. Gary Seven

Gary Seven Grand Poo Pah

Gaston
    I've been playing it regularly and it hasn't freezed once. I have five stars on the backhand of both my players. I suggest cleaning the disc and deleting the game entirely from your xbox. If there still is a problem, then the disc is probably bad. If it doesn't happen in other games, then it IS the disc. Especially since it seems to happen at a particular time of play.

If you still have youor receipt, try to exchange it. You have nothing to lose in trying.

3. Martin Rendall

Martin Rendall Screenwriter

I have little minor one second freezes when I play. Particularly right after getting an ace. My XBox has a bad dvd drive, so I'm not surprised. There was also one tournament which froze more than the rest. I suspect your disk as well, based purely on my experiences.

Best luck,
    Martin.