What's new

Top Spin freezing (1 Viewer)

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I got Top Spin shortly after it came out and played it non-stop. I created 3 or 4 characters and everything worked just fine. Then, after getting some experience with the game, I decided to create another character and allocate points a little differently for skills. When I went to the backhand coach for this character's first time, on the 4th ball, it freezed. I restarted the Xbox several times and it kept repeating. I played with another character. I created a different character. I even deleted all the Top Spin save game data from the HD and started anew. Now it freezes at that point every time. WTH?

I chatted with an Xbox rep and not suprisingly, they were no help. They suggested I exchange the game disc. I seriously doubt I could convince bestbuy to do that since it's been over 30 days since I bought the game. I might try it though, since my other options are slim. I'm not going to send my xbox in for repair when that costs half the price of a new one.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I've been playing it regularly and it hasn't freezed once. I have five stars on the backhand of both my players. I suggest cleaning the disc and deleting the game entirely from your xbox. If there still is a problem, then the disc is probably bad. If it doesn't happen in other games, then it IS the disc. Especially since it seems to happen at a particular time of play.

If you still have youor receipt, try to exchange it. You have nothing to lose in trying.

Martin Rendall

Screenwriter
I have little minor one second freezes when I play. Particularly right after getting an ace. My XBox has a bad dvd drive, so I'm not surprised. There was also one tournament which froze more than the rest. I suspect your disk as well, based purely on my experiences.

Best luck,
Martin.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks