What's new

Pre-Order Top Secret! (1984) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81baR7wb4+L._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hi Ron, is this a remastered edition? Any details on this release yet? Additional or new Commentaries or Bonus features? Thanks for the heads up!!

I have the same questions as you. There has been no press release as of yet -- just a preorder to show it's coming. If I receive something from Paramount I will update the original post

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
This was shown at the 2017 TCM Classic Film Festival with Abrams & the Zuckers in attendance, and I'm sure we were told that they had re-cut the film slightly which was the version we saw. As I recall, the opening sequences had been fiddled with but my memory is fuzzy. The TCM 2017 Festival program guide says nothing about a recut, but I'm sure that's what we were told in person. Anything in the press release about multiple versions on the disc ?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This was shown at the 2017 TCM Classic Film Festival with Abrams & the Zuckers in attendance, and I'm sure we were told that they had re-cut the film slightly which was the version we saw. As I recall, the opening sequences had been fiddled with but my memory is fuzzy. The TCM 2017 Festival program guide says nothing about a recut, but I'm sure that's what we were told. Anything in the press release about multiple versions on the disc ?

See prior reply. There has been no press release as of yet.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
This was shown at the 2017 TCM Classic Film Festival with Abrams & the Zuckers in attendance, and I'm sure we were told that they had re-cut the film slightly which was the version we saw. As I recall, the opening sequences had been fiddled with but my memory is fuzzy. The TCM 2017 Festival program guide says nothing about a recut, but I'm sure that's what we were told in person. Anything in the press release about multiple versions on the disc ?
I saw the re-cut version as well at the Crest Theatre in 2014.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I like this film. I think it was Kilmer’s first.
I think you're right. He was also pretty good in The Saint. Sad to see what has happened to him...Kilmer's throat cancer diagnosis was not publicly confirmed until 2017, two years after the actor was first hospitalised for the condition. By then, he had undergone chemotherapy and a tracheotomy procedure that abraded his voice to a rasp. In 2020, the actor revealed that he had been cancer-free for four years.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I think you're right. He was also pretty good in The Saint. Sad to see what has happened to him...Kilmer's throat cancer diagnosis was not publicly confirmed until 2017, two years after the actor was first hospitalised for the condition. By then, he had undergone chemotherapy and a tracheotomy procedure that abraded his voice to a rasp. In 2020, the actor revealed that he had been cancer-free for four years.
Very touching documentary:

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I have the 2020 Australian Blu-ray release of Top Secret! that ended up being region-free so it works in my Panny 420. I wonder if the new US release will be any different. 🧐

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
So Ron, is there something different in this release as opposed to the previous BRD one? It is a fun movie, please let me know Buddy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
So Ron, is there something different in this release as opposed to the previous BRD one? It is a fun movie, please let me know Buddy.

Well, this is the first time it has been released domestically here in the U.S. on BD disc. I know there has been import(s) out there.

Whether this is a new transfer is unknown. We will possibly see a press release shortly.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I don't think that the Aussie release was any great shakes, & there was talk that it was just an upscale. So now coming from Paramount, it's hoped that this is the real thing.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Should just put out a box set of all the top Zucker and Abrahams spoof films on Blu-ray:
Airplane!
Top Secret
Naked Gun films
Hot Shots films
And... maybe BASEketball?

Can't see how that wouldn't be a huge seller.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Should just put out a box set of all the top Zucker and Abrahams spoof films on Blu-ray:
Airplane!
Top Secret
Naked Gun films
Hot Shots films
And... maybe BASEketball?

Can't see how that wouldn't be a huge seller.
Throw in Ruthless People, and I’m in!

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
Rather coincidentally, Maurice Jarre’s score for this film will be getting an expanded edition from La La Land Records next week:

1646135826768.jpeg

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I don't think that the Aussie release was any great shakes, & there was talk that it was just an upscale. So now coming from Paramount, it's hoped that this is the real thing.
I have the release and it's definatly a step up from the DVD that I had...just saying, you get tired of waiting for the US to step up and release thier own material. Having a nice multi regional player is a godsend!!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have the release and it's definatly a step up from the DVD that I had...just saying, you get tired of waiting for the US to step up and release thier own material. Having a nice multi regional player is a godsend!!

Agreed! I came very close to importing TOP SECRET but fortunately, it was available digitally in HD pretty early on.

There are a number of Paramount titles I had to import years back fearing they would never see the light of day. Offhand, PAPER MOON is a title that I imported that's still not announced here (though it is available on digital).

I do think that Paramount will release all the titles that were only available by import. Just have to wait things out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks