What's new

Top Movie Titles that have Nothing to do With the Movie... (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
I remember the day after I watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the first time I went online to see what other films the director had to offer. There I came across Brazil. Not exactly a descriptive title for what goes on in the film.
Pieter
------------------
BoomRoom

Bjorn Olav Nyberg

Supporting Actor
Pulp fiction because the movie was kind of a love letter to pulp fiction novels. Plus the movie was structured like three pulp novels, the first book being sampled at the beginning, then read halfway through, then picked up after the other two novels. Just the way I tend to read these books.
Man, I've just been picking on somebody else in this thread. Better come up with something myself :)
------------------
Click here if you want to see Looney Tunes on DVD!
"You're 10 seconds away from the most embarrassing moment of your life!"
Click here to admit you want to see Ford Fairlane on DVD!
DVD List Link Removed

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
O Brother Where Art Thou?
O Brother Where Art Thou? comes from Preston Sturges' Sullivan's Travels. O Brother Where Art Thou? is the title of a film the protagonist wants to make for the "comman man" and becomes a hobo to see what it's like in their shoes. I think the reason the Coen bros. picked this title is because they think this is the type of film he would make.
I definitely agree with Rush Hour, makes you think it's a film about traffic cops with car chases or something, and how about Rush Hour 2, what an original name.

DennisHP

Second Unit
"All The Pretty Horses" It has some horses and, of course, Penelope Cruz was/is pretty, but how they made up the title I'll never know; unless one of you more estute movie-goers can enlighten me. Maybe what they meant was "The Whole Enchilada"

Tom Rhea

Second Unit
The Big Sleep
Everyone is short, and no one is even tired, much less asleep (passed out drunk doesn't count).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks