Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray

Reactions: shoeshineboy

KPmusmag

Premium
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I love all of the Halloween episodes from the original Roseanne, especially the one where Roseanne gives Dan's prospective employer a tour of their haunted house.

Reactions: Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I love all the Bewitched Halloween episodes, especially the one where Endora threw a party in the Stephens' house and Gladys called the police. I also like the one where Samantha took Tabitha trick or treating, and some goblins followed them around and created mischief.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
The Bewitched Halloween episodes were never among my all-time favorites, I think the best one was in Season 2 when Endora turned Darrin into a werewolf and Maureen McCormick played "young Endora" who casts the spell. The goblin episode from Season 4 would be my next pick. I haven't seen it in years, but wasn't Louise freaking out when one of them chased her around the living room? I recall her doing the "Larry" yell.

Roseanne always had decent Halloween episodes, but if I had to pick one favorite from any show, it would have to be "Fright Night" from the Brady Bunch (not officially a Halloween ep but it did originally air at the end of October 1972). Rigging up the house for scares seemed like such a fun thing to do as a kid I also liked "Haunted Angels"--as in "Charlie's" (again, unofficial but it aired in October 1978). It wasn't great but it was one of the best episodes in the lackluster Season 3, so for me it stands out. The murder of that female psychic in a locked room and her "possession" by the dead nephew was really creepy to me as a 10-year-old.

Reactions: JoeDoakes

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I also liked "Haunted Angels"--as in "Charlie's" (again, unofficial but it aired in October 1978). It wasn't great but it was one of the best episodes in the lackluster Season 3, so for me it stands out. The murder of that female psychic in a locked room and her "possession" by the dead nephew was really creepy to me as a 10-year-old.
I watched "Haunted Angels" a few weeks ago on Blu-Ray. The scene at the antique store with Kelly and the old lady kind of threw me off. I guess that part was supposed to be a real ghost? I will have to make a point to watch "Of Ghosts and Angels" from season 4 this Halloween. That one is more of a traditional haunted house/ghost story, and I liked that they have a costume party. The only thing I didn't care for was the ending tag scene with the shaking desk because it kind of broke the mood for me. I think they could have been more subtle. They tried to hard at times to end the show with a funny moment and have all the angels laughing.. Sometimes it seemed forced, but I digress. That episode should of aired in October instead of January.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Neat idea for a thread! Some other Halloween episodes, or just episodes of TV shows that fit the spooky theme of Halloween:

Several episodes of Home Improvement

ALF
has one, where he makes an appearance at the family costume party.

McMillan & Wife - "The Devil You Say," with Sally targeted by a witch's coven

Starsky and Hutch also dealt with a coven in S3's "Satan's Witches," not to mention the creepy "The Vampire" episode with John Saxon.

The Beverly Hillbillies S1 "Trick or Treat" (which actually aired on Halloween)

The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet S1's "Halloween Party"

The Mod Squad S3 "A Time of Hyacinths," with Julie falling in love with a ghost, played by Vincent Price.

The Hardy Boys / Nancy Drew Mysteries has a few contenders, especially the S2 opening two-parter, "The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew Meet Dracula," with Lorne Greene as the titular vampire.

Mission: Impossible S1 "Zubrovnik's Ghost," which appears to have real supernatural elements in the story.

The Saint produced a few "spooky" episodes, including "Sibao" (from the black-and-white run of the show), "The Inconvenient Monster" and "The House on Dragon Rock."

The Wild Wild West S2's - "The Night of the Man-Eating House," a full on horror tale.

...and of course, many episodes from classic anthology series like The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Thriller, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Night Gallery, etc. fit the bill.

Last edited:
  • Appreciate
Reactions: Flashgear

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
A few more I forgot in the previous post:

The Andy Griffith Show - Season 4, episode 2 "The Haunted House"

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, S2's "Halloween" (over 20 years old now, so it counts as "classic TV" in my book).

The final episode of McCloud, S7's "McCloud Meets Dracula," with John Carradine once again as the Count.

There's also a good Halloween episode in S2 of Happy Days, "Haunted."

Last edited:

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I watched "Haunted Angels" a few weeks ago on Blu-Ray. The scene at the antique store with Kelly and the old lady kind of threw me off. I guess that part was supposed to be a real ghost? I will have to make a point to watch "Of Ghosts and Angels" from season 4 this Halloween. That one is more of a traditional haunted house/ghost story, and I liked that they have a costume party. The only thing I didn't care for was the ending tag scene with the shaking desk because it kind of broke the mood for me. I think they could have been more subtle. They tried to hard at times to end the show with a funny moment and have all the angels laughing.. Sometimes it seemed forced, but I digress. That episode should of aired in October instead of January.
Yes, OF GHOSTS AND ANGELS was a strong Season 4 episode, and one of the rare good showcases for Shelley Hack. I always loved the episodes where the Angels tried to re-create some tragic event from the past to lure the villain out of the shadows (See also ANGELS IN THE WINGS). The wheelchair staircase fall was a creepy stunt and gave the episode a real old Gothic feel like the Hagsploitation flicks of the Sixties. I totally agree about the tag scene--one of the most outlandish and ridiculous moments of the whole series. They should just cut that scene in syndication and if it had been left off the DVDs I actually would not have minded!

Last edited:

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
In addition to several episodes above that I'm fond of, here are four more favorites of mine.

Petticoat Junction "The Curse of Chester W. Farnsworth" (Season 2) - Uncle Joe is convinced that the Shady Rest is haunted by the ghost of Chester W. Farnsworth, a towel stealing traveling salesman that disappeared fifty years ago.

The Dick Van Dyke Show "The Ghost of A. Chantz" (Season 4) - Rob, Laura, Buddy and Sally spend the night in a haunted cabin.

Cheers "Bar Wars V: The Final Judgment" (Season 10) - A prank to exact revenge on a rival bar owner seemingly ends with tragic results.

Little House on the Prairie "The Monster of Walnut Grove" (Season 3) - Laura believes she witnessed a murder on Halloween night, but only her best friend believes her.

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Say what you want, but The Flintstones' "A Haunted House is Not a Home" (and the "ghost" of Fred's uncle J. Giggles Flintstone) always creeped me out as a kid. :oops:

And rather than suffer that 70's TV-reunion abomination, there were two proper Halloween episodes of The Addams Family--
One where they entertain "guests" who were just out on a party scavenger hunt, and one where poor Wednesday loses her holiday faith that real witches exist.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Not really Halloween episodes, but they are spooky.

The Bionic Woman "The Ghosthunter" (Season 1) - Jamie poses as a governess to Amanda Cory who seems to be haunted by her mother's ghost.

The Bionic Woman "Black Magic" (Season 2) - Cyrus Carstairs, the inventor of a new top secret formula for high speed alloy to be used in jet fighters dies, leaving his greedy relatives greedy for his inheritance. Vincent Price guest stars!

Ejanss

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
80's "faith"-series Highway to Heaven tried to play a safe "anti-Halloween" episode, for its producer/star/angel Michael Landon to kid himself--
The title? "I Was a Middle-Age Werewolf":

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ab1979