Top Games of the Year (1 Viewer)

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
No particular order:

1. Phantasy Star Online

2. Phantasy Star Online v2

3. Tennis 2K2

4. Halo

I've gotten more than my money's worth with PSO.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
Here are my Top 10 of 2001:
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
2. SSX Tricky (PS2)
3. Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)
4. Mario Kart Super Circuit (GBA)
5. Golden Sun (GBA)
6. WaveRace Blue Storm (GCN)
7. Halo (Xbox)
8. Rogue Leader (GCN)
9. Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)
10.Super Monkey Ball (GCN)
:D

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Well, I can't offer too much since I have yet to buy a PS2, X-Box or GameCube (yes, I know, I'm behind the curve), but these are the best I've played new this year (did I mention that I'm a big Neo Geo/SNK fan?):
The Last Blade 2: Heart of the Samurai (SNK/Agetec) - Dreamcast - With no Guilty Gear X on the Dreamcast, Last Blade 2 was very welcome indeed. A big fan of the Neo Geo MVS arcade game, I was glad to see this ported over. Best weapon-based 2D fighter IMHO. :star: :star: :star: :star:
Fatal Fury: Mark of the Wolves (SNK/Agetec) - Dreamcast - There must be some profits left to be had in the DC market, or at least for Agetec. It's nice to see a real update to an SNK fighter, complete with modern character designs and a new fighting system. Besides, you have to love a game with a character named Khushnood Butt. :D :star: :star: :star: :star:
Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader (Factor 5/Nintendo) - GameCube - While I didn't buy a cube, I have been able to play this one extensively, and it's easily one of the best-looking games on any console (eat your hearts out MS & Sony). While the gameplay remains largely unchanged from its N64 predecessors (which isn't really a bad thing), it looks amazing (you are playing the movie now). :star: :star: :star: :star:
Dragonriders: Chronicles of Pern (Ubi Soft) - Dreamcast - There weren't a whole lot to go around if you don't have the current "Big 3," so that's why this is here. Still, it's a solid, old-school graphic adventure in a day when that's anything but the norm, and IMHO, that's a good thing. The story is good, as is the pacing, even if the voice acting is a bit off. Decent. :star: :star: :star:
Metropolis Street Racer (Bizarre Creations) - Dreamcast - Lots of cars (Opels? YEAH!), real cities to drive around in, and maybe, just maybe the most realistic car game around. The Kudos system takes some getting used to, but at least it's different. Nice to see some ingenuity in an all-too-often tired genre. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Record of Lodoss War (Kadokawa Shoten/ESP) - Dreamcast - Hey look, Diablo on the Dreamcast. This is one I loved. Any Diablo fan should check it out, as it's probably the best console game cut in the same mold. Guide the Hero, run into characters from the Lodoss War anime and basically upgrade weapons and the like. Really a fine game for what it is, with excellent controls and polished graphics. :star: :star: :star: :star:
Hmmm, guess it hasn't been too bad a year, even with no new console ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks