Top Five Signs you've been playing Xbox too much!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Falasco, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

Okay, after almost two glorious weeks with the Xbox, I'm starting to see an insidious side-effect: my life perspective is slowly skewing in a way I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. I have noticed a few disturbing things about myself that I thought I would share with you guys as a warning. Here are five new developments about myself that lead me to suspect I've been playing Xbox too much:
    5) I greet all my friends by lifting my left hand and saying "There's my buddy!", but I am always disappointed when they don't say "Hey, Abe!" back to me.
    4) I find myself eagerly eyeing the handbrake in my Corolla as I approach every corner.
    3) When watching regular football games, I find my right thumb spastically reaching for an "X" button as the running back hits the hole, and I am starting to believe that Kerry Collins really could throw for over 400 yards if only I was somehow controlling him.
    2) I am walking with a whole new swagger because in the back of my mind I believe I am now a master of Snake style kung-fu.
    1) I find myself idly wondering if a particularly irksome co-worker would be better taken out with a Needler, or if I would just chuck a plasma grenade in his general direction and be done with it.
    Be warned, fellow Xboxers. It could happen to you... [​IMG]

2. JoelH

JoelH Stunt Coordinator

Great thread! [​IMG]
    Here are a few of my signs:
    4) I keep wanting to pick people up and throw them over fences.
    3) I'm disappointed that my SUV doesn't have a high-powered weapon attached to it.
    2) I keep checking my maps for "Lost World", in hopes that during a fight I can keep throwing people off ledges.
    and the number one sign I've been playing X-Box too much...
    1) I'm beginning to believe that real-life is actually in Dolby Digital 5.1
    ----
    Joel

3. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

4. Matt Birchall

Matt Birchall Supporting Actor

Another sign that you might be playing your XBox too much is that a superior console with superior games was released recently, and you didn't even notice. . .
    [​IMG]
    Just kidding around, guys. No thread-crapping here. [​IMG] If it wasn't for my seven or eight PS2 games I have left to finish, I'd be playing Halo on an XBox right now. . .
    -mwb-

5. Matt Pasant

Matt Pasant Second Unit

How about:
    1) you notice your forearms as the size of popeyes from holding the HUGE controller.
    -- Matt