What's new

Top Five PS2 games (so far)... (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Here is my list of the top five PS2 games so far. All these games that have kept me glued to the PS2 for hours at a time.
1. Knockout Kings 2001
2. Twisted Metal Black
3. Shadow of Destiny
4. GT3
5. NBA Street
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
There's only one game that has totally been monopolizing my PlayStation 2 time: I've been playing the absolute hell out of NCAA Football 2001 since I got it a week and a half ago.
I've been playing several games a day, and am almost at the end of my third season of my dynasty with my mighty Penn State Nittany Lions (28-4 record, with all of the losses coming in the first season, and those four losses were by a total of 8 points). Won the championship in my second season, and I'm on my way to my second in the third season.
Recruited 15 blue chips during the last off-season, including the top three quarterbacks available, and they're all riding the pine behind my redshirt freshman QB Spivey, who's the frontrunner for the Heisman, with my WR Billisari trailing close behind.
Maybe it's time I moved up a difficulty level or two. :)
-mwb-
------------------
"Don't worry, baby/It'll be alright/You got the right shoes to get you through the night" -Bono

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Okay..here are my top five so far -in no particular order:
1: Twisted Metal Black
2: Dynasty Warriors 2
3: Zone of the Enders
4: Red Faction
5: Star Wars: Starfighter
Mind you now, these are MY top five...not the top five that I believe the system has to offer....otherwise GT# would be number one ...
------------------
"Never give up!!! .......... Never surrender!!!!!!!!!."

RicP

Screenwriter
Hey Matt,
How does the gameplay of NCAA compare to Madden 2001? I've played 20 seasons of Madden with 14 Super Bowls :)
I'm looking to move on. How would you rate NCAA in terms of Game Play and Off-Season type activity?
Thanks!
------------------
http://www.ricperrott.com
Ric Perrott

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Dave's Top 5:
1. SSX
2. Onimusha
3. Klonoa 2
4 & 5. (Still waiting
eek.gif
)
-Dave
------------------
DVD List
[Edited last by Dave F on August 12, 2001 at 03:46 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Give me a year to get back to you and I'll have some good games on my top 5. It will probably consist of Metal Gear Solid 2, Silen Hill 2, Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry, and Time Crisis 2 (a lot of sequels.....). How is FFX? I want it badly (you have no idea, badly is an understatement by far) but don't know japanese and I am not shelling out $400 for jPS2 and FFX.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Morgan,
I can't wait for Devil May Cry!!!!!
-Andre F
------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
This is easy:
1) Klonoa 2
2) Ridge Racer 5
3) Gran Tourismo 3
4) Tekken Tag Tournament
5) MGS2 Demo

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, my Top game for PS2 so far is probably that MGS2 Demo, and it probably will be until MGS2 is out.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I haven't played that many, but here goes
1. NCAA Footbal 2002
2. Madden 2001
3. Star Wars: Starfighter
4. Unreal Tournament
5. SSX
I haven' played Twisted Metal: Black yet, but if anybody can chime in, tell me if it serves as a great sequel to Twisted Metal 2 (as far as I'm concerned, 3 and 4 don't exist
laugh.gif
) I'll probably get GT3 on a whim.
The best way I can describe NCAA Football 2002 is that it's certainly better than Madden 2001 in all aspects, but it probably won't be better than Madden 2002. Oh, for all you curious folk, the triple option is now an authentic triple option (fake to the fullback, etc. etc.). How's passing? Well, the game isn't tailor-made for those new-fangled shotgun offenses these days. If you pass, pass, and pass, you'll run more of a Steve Spurrier "Hey, let's throw the ball down the field" passing game as opposed to a Hal Mumme/Lavell Edwards/Mike Leach "dink and dunk" passing game. Running the ball? If you love the option, particularly the triple option, you'll have fun with the running game. Holes are easy to hit, but the RB's seem to fumble the ball a lot. For the completist, off-season activity such as recruiting is pretty cool. An extremely cool feature, which I've heard has been done before, is that your graduating players or superstars can leave early for the draft which can be later simulated on the Madden 2002 game.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
[Edited last by Dome Vongvises on August 12, 2001 at 09:31 PM]

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The team that made TM 1 and 2 made Black. It is the Perfect Dark to GoldenEye of Twisted Metal (its the true sequel).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
1. Onimsha
2. Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec
3. Red Faction
4. SSX
5. Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo/ I.C.O Demo..2 potentially great games.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
1. SSX
2. GT3
That's it. Everything else is just OK in my book. This fall, I expect Sony to rectify their software mediocrity.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I love racing games so for me:
1. Grand Turismo 3
2. NASCAR HEAT 2002
3. Twisted Metal Black
(I can't wait for NASCAR THUNDER 2002 on PS2!)
I am, however, wondering how NASCAR THUNDER 2002 will be handled on the XBOX. If the XBOX version manages to generate better graphics, more features, a higher number of cars in the field and great 5.1 sound during game play...I am all over the XBOX, I'll buy a system just for that game!
------------------
LuvLBX

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I love racing games so for me:
1. Gran Turismo 3
2. NASCAR HEAT 2002
3. Twisted Metal Black
(I can't wait for NASCAR THUNDER 2002 on PS2!)
I am, however, wondering how NASCAR THUNDER 2002 will be handled on the XBOX. If the XBOX version manages to generate better graphics, more features, a higher number of cars in the field and great 5.1 sound during game play...I am all over the XBOX, I'll buy a system just for that game!
------------------
LuvLBX

Yoshi Sugawara

Stunt Coordinator
1. Final Fantasy X
2. Everybody's Golf 3 (Hot Shots Golf 3)
3. Gran Turismo 3
4. Onimusha
5. ??
Final Fantasy is getting better as I play. The most improved part is the battles, which are actually fast and more strategic. The story is kind of mysterious and interesting. Definitely better than VIII and IX. So far my ranking of the Final Fantasies I've played, in order of best to worst: VI - VII - V - X - IV - IX - VIII - III - II - I
Everybody's Golf 3 (Hot Shots Golf in the U.S) is really fun. It's really refreshing.
------------------

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
My favourite PS2 games? Easily the game I've had the best fun/time ratio is the Devil May Cry demo from Japan... Incredibly stylish, excellent looking & great fun to play. Can't wait for the full game - have a suspicision I may end up being dissappointed, hoping I'm not.
Klonoa2 is great great fun as well - haven't played it as much as I'd like to, but it's a classic Japanese plaforming in a style I love.
Spy Hunter's a blast. Had a nice long session at it on Friday - nice & polished, great great fun, with some nice solid track design.
SSX is a lot of fun, but haven't spent too much time on it.
ICO looks astounding. Not so much from being the graphically best game ever (though it does look great), more just in the simplicity of its concept vs the depth of style & content. I like.
------------------
Nothing In Particular

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks