What's new

Top Chef Season 5 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
No love for Top Chef? Season 5 began last night. Loved the whole bit about peeling apples. Laughed my ass off at that.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Some of the dishes looked completely awful. I mean, desperately awful. I loved the first challenge though, competition over a hotdog. Great stuff there.

I always love seeing some of the people in the bottom. But when Padme said "I had to spit it out" one of the best moments in any season of Top Chef.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Now we know why they hardly paid any attention to Jill in the first episode, aside from showing her in a bikini during the opening montage, when most of the rest were shown as chefs.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
This caught me totally off guard, had no idea a new season was starting.

Luckily Bravo does endless repeats with plenty of time to catch up. Just missed starting the first episode, they're about halfway through it now, but more repeats Sunday and Monday.

Always liked this series, looking forward to this one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The beginning of the first episode, where they slice up apples is a riot. The one guy slices his thumb up and bleeds like crazy all over the apples.. even without the skin 1/2 of them are bright red. Colichio does him a "favor" of sorts and says they are "OK". I don't know any restaurant that would serve bloody apples
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
The Restaurant wars were .. eh. It was good to see some people get totally sussed this week in the all-stars challenge. Which, to be honest, wasn't really all-stars as much as also-rans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks