What's new

Top Chef Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Who's watching this year? I look forward to this new season. Season 2 was a bit of let down as I really wanted Sam to win. The Season One vs Season Two smackdown for $20K to charity was a lot of fun. They all went right back into their old habits, etc. once they got in the kitchen. Having to cook with one arm behind you back?! That was wild.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I couldn't understand why the teams didn't concentrate on the "team" winning. After all it was for charity, not personal gain!

Ilan came across as a dufus - why try to cook duck if you don't have much experience with it. The rest of the team should have stopped him - Elia probably should have cooked the duck - she should have won season 2 IMHO.

Count me in for Season 3. I watch all the Bravo "reality" shows in this time slot (Project Runway, Shear Genius and Top Design). I guess I just love shows where people get voted off!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I'm all in for season 3. I agree the challenge between the teams was fun, but it shows how much of a doofus some where. I enjoyed Season 2, but man did I hate Marcell. And, watching this didn't make me hate him any less (lobster foam.. I'm waiting for him to turn everything into "foam").

I like Sam because I find his cooking more in line with the kind of meals I want to eat. Even when he reached they sounded interesting and had that feeling of fun to them. Elia had that too. Marcell and a few others went too far in trying to out-do each other in food that came off as ambitious from a culinary standpoint but not standout edible.

The hosts in this make me laugh, I did really dislike Season 3 chefs as "the judge" for the 1/2, though it points out they are all cocky bastards :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I think that season one and two chefs should get a chance to judge season three at some point. Later on into the season though. I look forward to when they have about 6 seasons under their belt then they let the winners go at each other.

I think that Sam, Dave and Harold would make great guest judges. I like the fact that Ted is going to be setting in as a judge this season as I think he is a great chef.

BTW, what happened to Padma's arm?

Chris: I am with you on Wolfman. As much as I didn't like Stephen in Season one I hated Marcell and wanted him out after the first couple of episodes. And what is the deal with Elia and her hair? She is a gorgeous woman and first going bald them blond makes me think she is losing it a bit.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I noticed the scar on her arm during season two but not this bad.

I was very disappointed with season two so much that I didn't even bother with the last few episodes. I found the final two so unlikable that I just didn't care who won. I hope this season is better.

The challenge between season one and two was a good way to get the season started and confirmed, to me, that the season one folks were much more interesting.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Good episode. Lots of fun. Padma's scar is pretty vicious. My wife had an offbeat jab that was VERY funny but I'm going to spoilerize it because it's not meant to offend or start any conversation.

Wonder if a potential Chef was upset with her husband j/k..

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I don't know. It looks like a post surgical scar with suture marks, etc. I just can't think of a reason they would need to make that big of a scar unless it was to implant a graft or something. It makes me think she was either in an accident of some sort or had some kind of medical problem like cancer where they had to take something out.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Good ep last night. Nice to see Tony Bourdain as the guest judge. He was in his usual form. Funny when Howie quoted Tony's book to him to explain why he didn't plate one of his dishes. Showing that kind of balls may have saved him.

Dan Mc

Stunt Coordinator
My wife loves this show, so I watch it with her sometimes. I almost lost it with the "What is your major malfunction?" line. That was great. Not sure if they got the reference but that guy did look alot like Private Gomer Pyle.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
While he was in the bottom tier this week, it appears to me that this is going to boil down to Tre and Hung. Both of them have the real flair for this.

There is a lot of dead weight this season. But some interesting stuff as well.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I really don't mind Hung that much so far. I thought I was going to hate him since he is good friends with Wolf Man but so far I think he is probably the best chef there.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Hung just takes his craft seriously. And while he's cocky, he's not sickeningly cocky. He just believes that he works harder. Oddly, he does work hard.

That's what made Marcell so annoying last season. He had flashes of being good, and then moments of really lazy craftsmanship. That's hard to forgive. I'll forgive them in the bottom 4 if I think they worked hard and it just didn't work out.. but if you just doddle.

See, that's where I thought Tre's comment was taken out of context. He said BBQ was so in his blood it was like doing it in his sleep. Not that he was sleepwalking through it. He tried something, it didn't quite work out but he didn't slouch, whereas the one who was voted off deserved too... she didn't actually bbq anything as far as I could tell.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I don't want to sound cynical but I wonder if the decision to keep Joey and Howie was more to do with their personality clashes than with their cooking. Need to have some conflicts for the ratings!

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think the one girl though made it too easy to dismiss her. I have no idea what it was she cooked, but it was done long before she put it on a plate on a grill. That's not BBQ by any stretch of the imagination. They should come to Smoke & Fire here in KC and we'll show them some upscale BBQ :)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
This is a pretty weak season it seems. :frowning: I picked the one they dismissed, but as far as I was concerned, about 70% of the meals looked inedible.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Yeah, they really blew the comfort food bit. If I had that set before me I would tell the Chef to take it back.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
That was the part that really got me. So many of the meals LOOKED inedible.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Wow. Surprised no comment on this weeks episode. The whole idea of doing pastry was totally idiotic.. and of all things, Pineapple Upside Down Cake? And she basically used Alton Brown's recipe and screwed it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks