What's new

Top 50 votes for Paramount Poll (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The more and more that I read posts on here about the poll results, I am beginning to understand why Mr. Blythe himself is getting a bit agitated.
I did not know that Martin Blythe was getting agitated. Have I missed some posts?
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Just thought I'd bump this up as I've updated the original list to show how many titles have come out so far.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Some good titles on the list, but one typical omission...

None of the Paramount silents are on the list. I thought at least Wings would get considerable votes. I hope this poll doesn't keep Wings from coming out on DVD next year.

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
This list is filling up. Seven more just added with hard dates: The Keep, Murder on the Orient Express, Conquest of Space, Explorers, D.A.R.Y.L., I Married a Monster from Outer Space and The Naked Jungle.

Nice work Paramount and especially Martin Blythe. Any chance of a new poll for the 2005-2006 Season?

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
still hoping to see Let's Scare Jessica To Death before i get too old and develop other interests.
a remake was rumoured to be in pre-production last year, but i can't believe it would be taking this long.
i really hope they can finally get this out in '05

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Prediction: there is an individual, that has yet to be born, that will grow up and remake Four Flies on Grey Velvet, then live the rest of his or her life in relative obscurity, die of old age, having never seen the original Four Flies on a DVD or similar format because it was never released. Way to go Powers That Be for working out all the legal crap. :rolleyes::angry:

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Any reason that The African Queen doesn't show up on this poll? I've seen it on numerous wish lists over the last few years and it remains the only top 20 AFI title not being prepared for release in the short term :angry: .
Joel

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I believe that is incorrect about it not being worked on.
That's good to know though it doesn't answer why it doesn't appear on this poll...

I also haven't heard about a possible '04 release -- which I assume won't happen before '05 or even '06...

Joel

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
If it's not on the poll I can only assume that people didn't know it was a paramount title. Certainly there were many people who have been clamoring for it, but there's always a discussion about who has the rights to it to accompany the clamoring.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

As George stated since this thread is 2 years old and only recently been revived again. The ownership of this title wasn't confirmed by Paramount until late 2003. The film elements were in terrible shape and require a lot of restoration which takes time and a good budget.

Crawdaddy

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
The film elements were in terrible shape and require a lot of restoration which takes time and a good budget.
Let's hope budget issues have been resolved and the time element doesn't go beyond reason. I must admit there aren't many titles left that would excite me more than this one that aren't already available on the DVD format (for R1 that is). We are rapidly approaching the point of diminishing returns for classics on DVD. I can see only maybe another year or two before interest dries up since most of the 'majors' have already been released. Only SW and KK come to mind as most anticipated older titles. For me, I would like to see 'Bringing Up Baby' and 'The Jazz Singer' join the list of releases -- though I'm fairly confident they will show up at some point.

Joel

TerryW

Stunt Coordinator
Digital Bits has reported this news:
Danger: Diabolik will street on 6/14 (SRP $14.99) with commentary by actor John Phillip Law and Tim Lucas (director Mario Bava's biographer), the From Furnetti to Film featurette, The Beastie Boys' Body Movin' music video (with commentary by Adam Yauch) and the film's teaser and theatrical trailers.
Ye old list shrinks by one more!
TW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks