What's new

Top 5 stalled shows you want to see completed (1 Viewer)

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
*UPDATE* (as of 1/26/10)

My Top 5 ...
1. Green Acres. Shout! Factory recently picked up the Leave it to Beaver program and today, they just made an announcment of releasing the whole series on DVD. I am hoping the same can happen to Green Acres. This announcement renews my hope for seasons 4-6 of GA.

2. Laverne & Shirley. My second all-time favorite. I would love to have all of the remaining seasons on DVD. I didn't put this at No. #1 because I have little hope for the series to be continued on DVD at this time.
3. Happy Days. To me, this series is the jelly and L&S is the peanut butter of the P&J sandwich. You can't have one without the other. So I prefer to have both that make the sandwich be whole.

4. Mama's Family. Doesn't air anymore, at least, on cable anyways.

5. Perfect Strangers. One of my favorites when I was child. I can see how Larry and Balki can be viewed as the male Laverne & Shirley.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea season 4 volume 2.

Peyton Place The Complete Series.

Family the 1970s drama only 2 season's have been released from Sony.

Life With Lucy 1st and only season and all episode's were not broadcast. The series has never been released.

The Survivors 1969 a Jet Set Peyton Place a 1 season wonder with Lana Turner.

The Wild Wild West Movies on a one disc release. Just as they have recently done with I Love Lucy.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
1. RAWHIDE (too great a series not to be continued to completion) [COLOR= #ff0000]unstalled by CBS/Paramount in 2011, thank goodness![/COLOR]
2. DRAGNET (ditto) [COLOR= #ff0000]unstalled & completed in 2011... thanks, Shout![/COLOR]
3. VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA (so close to completion) [COLOR= #ff0000]finally completed by Fox this past year... thanks![/COLOR]
4. WKRP IN CINCINNATI (this deserves a complete re-do, but I'm not expecting any miracles)
5. SCTV (I'd like to see the final "Cinemax" season released, at least... I'm not holding my breath)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
1. The Bob Newhart Show
2. Newhart
3. My Hero (BBC)
4. Rocky & Bullwinkle (WooHoo!! - one down 4.5 to go!)
5. Green Acres

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Originally Posted by Theodore J. Mooney

*UPDATE* (as of 1/26/10)

My Top 5 ...
1. Green Acres. Shout! Factory recently picked up the Leave it to Beaver program and today, they just made an announcment of releasing the whole series on DVD. I am hoping the same can happen to Green Acres. This announcement renews my hope for seasons 4-6 of GA.

2. Laverne & Shirley. My second all-time favorite. I would love to have all of the remaining seasons on DVD. I didn't put this at No. #1 because I have little hope for the series to be continued on DVD at this time.

3. Happy Days. To me, this series is the jelly and L&S is the peanut butter of the P&J sandwich. You can't have one without the other. So I prefer to have both that make the sandwich be whole.

4. Mama's Family. Doesn't air anymore, at least, on cable anyways.

5. Perfect Strangers. One of my favorites when I was child. I can see how Larry and Balki can be viewed as the male Laverne & Shirley.
All of your choices are big favorites in my collection. I do hope Shout can pick up some of them. All of these shows had something in common: fun. I think the majority of today's sitcoms are nothing but "relationship" humor and endless boob jokes. Case in point: I never watched "Will and Grace" regularly, but every time....EVERY TIME... I was flipping channels and came across it, Karen would be sitting there on the couch, talking like Minnie Mouse, and saying something like "I just bought this new blouse! Doesn't it make my BREASTS look bigger? A ha ha aha hahahaa!" To which Jack would respond "Never mind that, Karen--you should have seen the hot busboy I saw at Denny's! Yum!" I suppose some would find this kind of thing funny; I did not. I'd rather see Mama yelling at Naomi, Balki declaring "Don' be ridicalus!", or Lisa making her hotscakes. That's comedy; not making lightly salacious "jokes" that are only funny to drunken frat boys.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
1. Dragnet (1967-70). I am hoping that maybe, finally FINALLY this Christmas I'll be able to watch "The Christmas Story" on an official release at long last. That this TV classic has no official release on DVD is a disgrace.

2. The Big Valley (1965-69). Finish off S2 at least, although my favorite unreleased episode is S4's "They Called Her Delilah" with Julie London's best ever TV guest shot.

3. Burke's Law (1963-1966). I hadn't wanted to consider this stalled, but VCI has been taking way too long with a new release (over a year now I think).

4. Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea (1964-68). Yes, FINISH this one Fox!

5. Night Gallery (1970-73). We waited long enough to get S2, and now it's a year plus as we wait for the final season.

I am glad that "The Bill Cosby Show" is off the list (though Shout! still doesn't have S2 avaialable to pre-order, I'll take their word for it it will be coming), and that for now "Ironside" is also off the list. If I had to go further, I'd like to make honorable mention for "Barney Miller", "Hart To Hart" and "Love American Style."

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
1. Petticoat Junction
2. Cheyenne
3. Rawhide
4. Green Acres
5. The Big Valley

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
1.Naked City
2.The Bob Newhart Show
3.Hill Street Blues
4.Green Acres
5.The Streets of San Francisco

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
At the top of my list it would have to be Knots Landing (Seasons 3-14 and two-part 1997 mini-series), followed by:

2. The Streets of San Francisco (Seasons 3-5 and 1992 TV movie Back to the Streets of San Francisco)
3. Hotel (Seasons 2-5)
4. Hart to Hart (Seasons 3-5 and TV movies).

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Late to this party....here's mine, after #1 there's no order to the shows in my list as they're all very close together

Rawhide: #1 on my list, no question.

Big Valley. The Encore recordings are good but I'd still buy the studio releases if available.

Barney Miller. Don't know if this one's classified as stalled bt after that 4-yr wait between S1 & 2 I'm wondering.

Rifleman: Complete remastered set. I don't consider a re-release of the MPI transfer sets as part of a complete series release on my list.

Who's the Boss Can't even remember when S1 was released.

As we all have, there are more on my list but that's my top 5.

A couple others right behind my top 5:

Equalizer
Fall Guy
Fantasy Island
Flipper
Hill St, Blues (only the "Michael Conrad" seasons)
Lassie? Don't know if this one qualifies here. As far as I know, there's been no complete season releases, right?

Bonus OT :) Best all-time blind-buy: Smallville. 2nd: Donna Reed Show

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
I used to use an old joke and say, "I hope it happens before my social security kicks in. Well, I'm now a member of the senior class. I'm not boastig mind you, because now I'm saying, I hope it happens before the next (final) step. In order to give the studioes enough time to produce and myself some extra years to enjoy TV shows on dvd, I retired early. Ok, I admit, I dab into a touch of sarcasm. That is to say I did my part. On the other hand, the waiting continues. We all have our favorites. Here's a few of mine. HAPPY DAYS.....LAVERNE AND SHIRLEY.....ALL IN THE FAMILY....THE JEFFERSONS.....FAMILY TIES....THE REAL McCOYS. How's that for a mixed bag? Anyway, that'll do for now.

Nebiroth

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Gregory
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. It's absurd that we have 97 out of 110 episodes, half a season left to go but with a gap of 17 months between the last two releases and now it's nearly a year since the most recent.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Originally Posted by TV_Fan

1 Silver Spoons
2 Mork & Mindy (probably not abandoned but at the very least stalled & I want the final season)
3 The Fall Guy
4 Growing Pains (the later season were better IMO)
5 The Jeffersons

I definitely would like to see the final season of Mork and Mindy be released on DVD as well. I have only seen a few episodes from that season and I am really curious about the Mearth character. Plus, it doesn't hurt to have another series completed on DVD. The one thing I never understood was CBS/Paramount's decision to release the fourth seasons of Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley and but not Mork and Mindy's. I mean you would think they would go ahead and do it since it is the final season of the show. But look how many years it took them to get the last two seasons of Taxi on DVD.

I agree --- the later seasons of Growing Pains are better. I enjoy those seasons the most.

The Jeffersons is another program I would like to see be continued for DVD releases. I believe it still holds the title of being the longest-running show starring an African-Amercan cast.

chris24

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
steven
All In The Family
Archie`s Bunker`s Place
The Jeffersons
Fall Guy
Chips

stewprime

Agent
Real Name
Stew
Well, to keep it simple, any series that's been started by WHV. They're the worst at promising viewers a series, by starting to release them, then years go by while they sit on their thumbs. Shame on you, Warner. I'll be collecting my pension by the time these shows see their last seasons released.

That being said,
1. NIGHT COURT (yeah, season 3 is coming soon, but given their track record, I'm still not holding my breath for s4 anytime soon)
2. The Drew Carey Show
3. Whose Line is it Anyway?
4. Newhart
5. I'll leave #5 to be used as a slot for subsequent season release of any of the above four listed. Maybe that'd get the ball rolling...

That's all I got.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Oohh... I'd forgotten about "Whose Line"...

I'll have to add "Whose Line" (BBC verison please) at slot #5b.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks