What's new

Top 10 Video Game Titles for November (sales) (1 Viewer)

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
NPDFunworld (TRST) have released the latest sales numbers for the month of November. The company also revealed that the total U.S. video game industry, consisting of video game hardware, software and accessories, has generated $6.4 billion in revenue year-to-date 2001 (January to November). This compares to $4.7 billion during the same time last year. An incredible 2.6 million video game consoles were purchased in November.
Top Video Game Titles
for November 2001 (North America)
--- Sorted by Units ---
1. Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2) KONAMI
2. Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2) ROCKSTAR
3. Luigi's Mansion (GCN) NINTENDO
4. Halo (XBX) MICROSOFT
5. Tony Hawk Pro. 3 (PS2) ACTIVISION
6. Harry Potter: Sorc. (PSX) ELECTRONIC ARTS
7. Rogue Squadron II (GCN) LUCASARTS
8. Harry Potter: Sorc. (GBC) ELECTRONIC ARTS
9. Madden NFL 2002 (PSX) ELECTRONIC ARTS
10. WWF Smackdown (PS2) THQ
source:
NPDFunworld TRSTS Service

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Luigi=Related to Mario=Big Nintendo game for the uninformed

Hope that explains it.

Looks like Sony is still on top. Maybe the console being one year old and the same price says "still great quality" to consumers and not "overpriced."

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
Of course it did, Nintendo is selling the game in Japan as well, MS still has a couple months to go before it starts to tap in to that market. I'm kind of surprised Halo is that high on the list considering that majority of the units being sold are in a 3rd of the market that SONY is enjoying and half the market that Nintendo is enjoying.

Dean

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Of course it did, Nintendo is selling the game in Japan as well, MS still has a couple months to go before it starts to tap in to that market. I'm kind of surprised Halo is that high on the list considering that majority of the units being sold are in a 3rd of the market that SONY is enjoying and half the market that Nintendo is enjoying.
That top ten is purely North America!

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
If anyone else is interested, Project Gotham came in at #13, DOA3 was #14, and NFL Fever was #18.
Also, I'm impressed that the PSX still has a game in the top ten a year after its successor came out. Of course, it IS Harry Potter...I imagine they could make Hogwarts' toilet seats and they would be best sellers at Home Depot...

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Don't forget Dave - there is no PS2 Potter game; this has probably got something to do with the success of the PSOne version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks