What's new

Top 10 TV Villians of All Time (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I chosen to use mostly reoccuring villians/nemisis instead of one time visitors to Gilligan's Island or the usual suspects from Batman. In no particular order:

1) Major Hochstetter (Howard Caine) - Hogan's Heroes

2) Siegfried (Bernie Kopell) - Get Smart

3) Captain Hans Dietrich (Hans Gudegast) - Rat Patrol

4) Ben - (Michael Emerson) - Lost

5) Captain Wallace Binghamton (Joe Flynn) - Mchale's Navy

6) T-Bag (Robert Knepper) - Prison Break

7) The Reaper (C. Thomas Howell) - Criminal Minds

8) Sergeant Vince Carter (Frank Sutton) - Gomer Pyle - Not really a villian per se, but defintiely a nemesis. Great character though.

9) Major Regina Mills/Wicked Queen Regina (Lana Parrilla) - Once Upon A Time

10) JR Ewing - (Larry Hagman) - Dallas

Dis-Honorable mentions: Col. Wilhelm Klink, Hamilton Burger, Wo Fat, Officer Kirk, Dr. Alfred Bellows, Alexsis Carrington Colby.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I'm embarassed I forgot Lt. Gerard...Isn't that group for banishment from the board. LOL

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
In no order:

Syler - Heroes

Cigarette Smoking Man - The X-Files

The One Armed Man - The Fugitive

Lex Luthor - Smallville

The Joker - Batman (60's Version)

Falconetti - Rich Man, Poor Man

Alex Krychek - The X-Files

Tuco Salamanca - Breaking Bad

Al Swearengen - Deadwood

Wo Fat - Hawaii 5-O (original)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
In no particular order:

Dr. Miguelito Loveless (Michael Dunn) - The Wild, Wild West

Wo Fat (Khigh Dhiegh) - Hawaii Five-0 (original)

Arthur Mitchell (John Lithgow) - Dexter

The Riddler (Frank Gorshin) - Batman

Mags Bennett (Margo Martindale) - Justified

Inspector Kobick (Kevin Hagen) - Land of the Giants

Dr. Clayton Forrester (Trace Beaulieu) - Mystery Science Theater 3000

Charles Montgomery Burns (Harry Shearer) - The Simpsons

Frank Nitti (Bruce Gordon) - The Untouchables (original)

Number Two (Leo McKern, various other actors) - The Prisoner (original)

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Joffrey Baratheon - Game of Thrones

The Governor - The Walking Dead

T-Bag - Prison Break

Benjamin Linus - Lost

Number One (a.k.a. Brother John Cavil) - Battlestar Galactica (2004)

- Walter.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Up until a couple of years ago, my opinion was that the greatest villain in TV history (by a large margin) was J.R. Ewing, a larger-than-life role played with appropriate gusto by the late great Larry Hagman.

I no longer believe that to be true. The man who bumped J.R. to second place is none other than Walter White. And if you don't think he was a villain, think about it some more.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Stefano DiMera - Days of Our Lives

Vashon family - original H5 O

Nicole Wallace - Law & Order: Criminal Intent

Greg Sumner - Knot.s Landing

All these are just off the top of my head.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Fembots - Bionic Woman

Bigfoot - Six Million Dollar Man

Angelique - Dark Shadows

Homer Bedloe - Petticoat Junction

Nellie Olsen - Little House on the Prairie

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Nellie Olsen - Little House on the Prairie

Having visited the real Walnut Grove, Minnesota (During their Laura Ingalls Wilder Festival in 2009) I can't help but wonder was the REAL Nellie Owens (Yup! her last name was really Owens) that PATHETIC!? :wacko:

BTW the REAL Pa Ingalls did not look at all like the late Micheal Landon (They missed that by a mile)! To quote an old scrub pad commercial "Those guys didn't even draw me right!" :laugh: :rolling-smiley:

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
Louie DePalma

Frank Burns

Dwight Schrute

Witchiepoo

Stanley Roper

Callisto

Newman

Mama Carlson

Roscoe P Coletrain

Will Weaton

General Urko

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
1. J.R. Ewing - Dallas

2. Joffrey Baratheon - Game Of Thrones

3. C. Montgomery Burns - Simpsons

4. Gus Fring - Breaking Bad

5. Angelique - Dark Shadows

6. Wo Fat - Hawaii Five-O

7. Mrs. Olsen - Little House

8. Homer Bedloe - Petticoat Junction

9. Boss Hogg - Dukes of Hazzard

10. Frank Burns - MASH

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Richard V said:
In no order:

Lex Luthor - Smallville

Lex, but no Lionel?!!! In my opinion he was the villain of Smallville. Much more evil than his son. In fact Lex performed the greatest act of a hero when he pushed Lionel out of the window.

Gary " :D " O.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I forgot to add Dr. Smith from Lost in Space. Smith was what I would call a loveable villain. He was more sinister the first season before they made him a buffoon, but he was always putting the Robinson family in jeopardy in his quest to get rich or return to earth.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Frank Soyke said:
I'm embarassed I forgot Lt. Gerard...Isn't that group for banishment from the board. LOL

Lt. Gerard wasn't the villain. He was the threat of capture that was always hanging over Richard Kimble, but he was a cop doing his job i.e. bringing a convicted murderer back to justice. If you want a villain, a better candidate is Fred Johnson aka The One-Armed Man. He did the murder for which Kimble was convicted. Lt. Gerard was driven to recapture Kimble, but that doesn't make him a villain.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Rick Thompson said:
Lt. Gerard wasn't the villain. He was the threat of capture that was always hanging over Richard Kimble, but he was a cop doing his job i.e. bringing a convicted murderer back to justice. If you want a villain, a better candidate is Fred Johnson aka The One-Armed Man. He did the murder for which Kimble was convicted. Lt. Gerard was driven to recapture Kimble, but that doesn't make him a villain.
Rick, you have a good point but my original post wasn't simply confined to the term villian in it's strictist sense. I included the word nemesis in the original post, a term which definitely applies to Lt. Gerard on The Fugitive. ALthpugh Gerard wasn't a villian per se, he clearly was Kimble's nemesis as he spent the series hampering Richard's efforts to clear his name. Gerard has good motives as he was simply doing his job to the bes tof his ability, but he was a nemesis to Kimble none the less.

Many of the folks on my OP (as well as some other poster's lists) one can argue aren't really villians but simply have a different (perhaps admirable) agenda than our heroes. Of my original list, only a handful (Regina, T-Bag, JR) can be labeled villians in the strictist sense. Only out for themselves (Bedloe, Mr. Burns), not trying to represent a duty, job, or other team. The remainder are simply folks with a different agenda (like Gerard). I mean characters Dr. Bellows, Captain Binghampton and Hamilton Burger are not really villians, just men trying to do their job and get to the truth as they saw it. Even the Nazi characters I named and Ben Linius believed in their own misguided cause and felt they had a duty to do. Some other posters brought up Frank Burns. Despite Frank's personality failings, he believed in what he was doing and had respect for our country and the uniform he wore (at least till he went AWOL).

Point being, I guess I should have made a distinction between a villian and a nemesis, but I think we can all agree that whatever you call them, they made life very hard sometimes for our heroes. The point of the post was to pinpoint the ones who were very good at at.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I'm a little surprised no one else has mentioned Alex Krycheck, who was IMHO one of the WORST villians ever. He wasn't nick-named Rat Boy for nothing. :mellow:

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Anthony Falconetti (Rich Man Poor Man)

Fletcher (The Immortal)

Fred Johnson (The Fugitive)

Wo Fat (Hawaii Five-0)

Nicole Wallace (L&O CI)

Homer Bedloe (Petticoat Junction)

Dr. Loveless (Wild Wild West)

Frank Nitti (The Untouchables)

Siegfried (Get Smart)

Dominick (Person of Interest)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks