What's new

Top 10 reasons to live in British Columbia (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
10. Cannabis.

9. Theres always an ecological protest going on.

8. If cops pull you over, just offer them some hash.

7. Three Starbucks on every corner.

6. A university with a nude beach.

5. Your $400 000 home is a 3-hour drive from downtown Vancouver.

4. The local wine doesn't taste like malt vinegar.

3. The local hero is a pot-smoking snowboarder.

2. Vancouver: 1.5 million people and two bridges.

1. Weed.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
heh, my friends go to UBC and always go to that beach.

I'm heading out there next year Rain, guess you'll have to give me advance notice of when to steer clear of it.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Regardless, a number of excellent reasons for relocating to Vancouver have been listed here. My better judgment, alas, compels me not to elaborate. :)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
10. Cannabis.

1. Weed.

Just being picky but #5 is not quite right anymore, #3 is a distant memory and #2 is closer to 1.8 million people and 7 bridges which still aren't enough.

The rest are all true.

And, luckily our Premier (like Governors in the US) doesn't get drunk with his buddies and then has his driver take him to a men's homeless shelter in the middle of the night where he starts picking fights with the homeless people using the F-bomb many times and telling them to get a job while throwing money at them. If your wondering, the Premier of Alberta just did this. Ahhh, nothing like having a Premier who didn't even graduate high school.

Patrick

Trey Fletcher

Second Unit
10. Cannabis.
1. Weed.
So let me get this straight. Of the "10 reasons to live in B.C.," 40% have something to do with marijuana, 20% with the traffic, and the rest with nude protesters who are either drunk on good wine, or hyped up on coffee. Sounds interesting. ;)

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Yeah, really. But trust me, it ain't a beauty contest by any stretch of the imagination.
People who have never been to nude beaches think they're the coolest thing since sliced bread.

Those of us who have been, really don't care.

Hint: They're not that great. If you're the type of person who believes clothes are restrictive and unnecessary, or just need any excuse to get naked, you'll fit right in. However, if you're going there to check out the scenery, don't waste your time. You're going to see average, everyday people walking around nude. Nothing spectacular, and it's not sexual by any stretch of the word. If you sit around and gawk the regulars will have you ejected from the area in a hurry.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
Back in the day when Ralphie was in his first term he stayed in the hotel i was working at. I was working room service that night and had the distinct pleasure of getting him nice and loaded.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Back in the day when Ralphie was in his first term he stayed in the hotel i was working at. I was working room service that night and had the distinct pleasure of getting him nice and loaded.
Yeah, you and just about everyone else in Alberta at one time or another. :laugh:

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
It's not just that it's a nude beach, I mean we have those in NJ and stuff, it's the fact that it's on a university? What would a University have to do with a nude beach, is it a public beach that's owned by some university?? Is there a Nude Beach 101 for students to take??
Just seems strange to me
Jay :confused:

PatrickM

Screenwriter
don't believe the beach (which is called Wreck Beach, by the way) is owned or operated by the university. It just happens to be in close proximity.

I may be wrong...anyone want to correct me?

Actually it is owned by the University since that entire area west of Blanca is the University Endowment Lands. I just don't think they care since its down such a steep pathway.

Patrick

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Mark, that hotel wouldn't be the Louie would it? Correction, I just re-read your post. I don't think the Louie had room service. Perhaps it was his watering hole.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
The Louie?? I use to drink there on Wednesday evenings. On Sundays we went to a small cafe shop / bar / whatever on the main floor and had grilled steaks and watched whatever CFL game was playing.

The place has even been visited by the BareNakedLadies!!

Damn, thats bringing up some memories!!

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
And now, just last night because of the homeless shelter incident, my premier admits he has a drinking problem. Good thing in spring he just called and won the election. Welcome to Ralph's World indeed! :laugh:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Wreck Beach is pretty over rated. If you want to hang out with a bunch of 60 year old naked men, then it is your kind of place. :)
The beach is on the University campus. It is controlled by the GVRD (Greater Vancouver Regional District) under the parks board. The University administration has at many times tried to close the beach down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks