What's new

Top 10 Current RPTVs (1 Viewer)

Can I get a consensus of what the best RPTVs are in the 48 to 50 inch range. Not necessarily the most expensive, but the best quality for the best price.

Thanks.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
That's an awfully, awfully broad question, Jarrod. You may as well ask members to name their "favorite" RPTVs, and they will often respond by naming the model they actually own. And, for the most part, manufacturers build to a price point (and they are getting better at it).

To get more focused, tell us which models have piqued your interest and then owners of said models will then be able to chime in with their observations and experiences.

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
My JVC I-Art 48" HDTV is fantastic! The picture quality, with DVD and a good set of cables, is amazing...and it has one of the best "stretch" modes on the market. And it is not very, very expensive at all. Brand new you can find them for $2300 Canadian.

I highly reccomend the JVC set. I have owned JVC products for the last decade without fail.

Kevin-M

Agent
I'm looking for this kind of info as well. Could anyone at least narrow it down to what brands are best to look for?

I fully admit I'm quite ignorant when it comes to high-end electronics, and I'm not really looking to change. Sometimes I would just like someone to point and say "That one, buy it."

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Many people will have different opinions ...but from being on this forum this is what I have gathered...

1) Pioneer Elite - Great pic out of the box, best stretch Mode
2) Pioneer (Non - Elite) Same reasons
3) Toshiba (any models) Better stretch mode than mits
4) Mits
5) Hitachi

These seem to be the top 5 models of tv's. I think this is where you need to be looking. It seems that the people that can't afford the Pioneer Elite either go for the Pioneer/Toshiba because of there stretch mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks