What's new

Top 10 Albums of the 2000's thus far (1 Viewer)

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I would like to add to my previous list:
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Bad title, amazing musical achievment.
NP: Bruce Cockburn - World of Wonders

Mike Hutman

Supporting Actor
This is all that I could come up with

1)POE - Haunted

2)LINKIN PARK - Hybrid theory

3)GREEN DAY - Warning

4)NINA GORDON - Tonight and the rest of my life

5)WEEZER - Green

6)BLINK 182 - Take off your pants and jacket

7)JEWEL - This way

8)WHEATUS

9)TENACIOUS D

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Coldplay - Parachutes

Steve Earle - Transcendental Blues

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - soundtrack

Charlie Robison - Step Right Up

Indigenous - Circle

North Mississippi Allstars - 51 Phantom

Ryan Adams - Heartbreaker and Gold

Whiskeytown - Pneumonia

Cracker - Forever

Honeydogs - Here's Luck

Old 97s - Satellite Rides

Mike Ness - Under the Influences

Peter Bourgon

Auditioning
Two notes:

Kid A is a better album, on a whole, than Amnesiac. Where Amnesiac is gritty and untamed, Kid A is lush and sedated; not to say anything against gritty or untamed music, but in this case it almost comes off as dirty or dusty. There are lots of good tracks (on both albums!), and I have to say Hunting Bears is one of the greatest songs I've ever heard, but... it's the difference between Morning Bell Reprise and Morning Bell the original, you know?

Secondly, Gorillaz is not any of the following with regards to their music: innovative, creative, amusing, catchy, good. Their videos are another story altogether, but they've melded rap and rock much the same way Limp Bizkit or Kid Rock have done, only with them it's indie rock and underground rap. It doesn't work, either way you do it. There might be some personal bias inching its way in here, as well: I can't stand the way Blur sounded, and I hate rap music, so combining the two doesn't really yield anything positive to me.

That said, further props to Rocking The Suburbs. I've been a Ben Folds [Five] fan for as long as I can remember, and he is constantly and consistently amazing.

Also of note: Boards of Canada - Geogaddi, and Aphex Twin - DrukQs (CD 2, track 1 of which will give any home theater music setup perhaps the most extensive workout to date).

Regards,

Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks