What's new

Tool (1 Viewer)

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Tool Rules....now if we can get a DVD-A of any of there stuff I would be a happy camper!!

John Styrnol

Agent
I also have a few Tool CDs. Has anyone here heard anymore about Tapeworm, Carey/Claypool/Belew, Skinny Puppy side projects?

John Wes

Stunt Coordinator
Got em all but to tell you the truth, I don't listen to them much. They suffer the same mistake a lot of newer recordings do...WAY to over compressed to make them sound louder.

How about concerts? I've seen them three times. AWESOME shows...just incredible.

The last APC didn't seem to suffer that "loudness" problem as the Tool albums do. Maybe Maynard has seen the light and who knows what the new ones will bring.

Scott*T

Auditioning
Tool = One Great Band..... I have all of their cd's.( that I know about)

APC's last album is just pure bliss....

Question Authority........

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am a Tool fan, they are a truly great band; Opiate, Undertow, and Lateralus are the CD's I have, and that is my order from favorite on.

I am downloading APC's Mer De Noms to see if I want to go buy it. Never heard any of their stuff before.

JoshEE

Agent
I've been a huge tool fan for years. I think Ænima is the best cd personally, the first part is great, but the last half of the album, Jimmy, Ænima, Pushit, and Third Eye are just amazing. I would definently recommend that and their live cd "Salival", they did an awesome cover of Led Zeppelin's "No Quarter" and a really good version of Pushit. I also hope we see tool on some hi-res format sometime soon.
-Josh

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Oh and I've seen Tool live as well- freakin' stunning. Usually a metal show is, at best, just some head-bangin' fun. With Tool, it was a sublime musical experience. The extended soft bridge section of Stinkfist live, and right when they broke into the "I'll... keep... digging..." bit, freakin' knocked me out.

Daniel_S

Agent
I'm glad to see that there are so many Tool fans here:emoji_thumbsup:

And, JoshEE, their cover of No Quarter is among my favorite Tool songs (as is Sober).:)

DaveDickey

Stunt Coordinator
I have "Undertow" and "Opiate" only. I like both a lot and really want to buy more of their stuff. I'm waiting for an SACD or DVD-A. It seems like many of the heavy bands that would sound best in hi-resolution, like Tool or APC, just don't consider releasing their stuff in that format. Very frustrating.

StevenW

Second Unit
Tool is working on a new album right as we speak.Tool are just amazing live. Its always an "experience" going to one of their live shows.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member

There are no plans to release them. You're only depriving yourself of the two greatest metal albums since Master Puppets.

Byron_T

Grip
I have everything Tool has released. I've seen them six times live including the show the played in Atlanta the day Lateralus was released. If you have not seen Tool live and you enjoy their music at all you have go when they tour for the next album. My top Tool songs are Third Eye, H., Parabol/Parabola, and Opiate.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
I'm definitely a fan of their music... but have yet to get the latest APC album. Any good?

Scott.

Scott Wong

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Wong
Well then, looks like while I'm picking up Schindler's List and Dawn of the Dead on DVD at Best Buy... I may as well pick up APC's latest album on CD... heh heh... now don't forget, I'm trusting you Steven!! :D heh heh...

Scott.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks