What's new

Took The Plunge - New Projector On The Way (1 Viewer)

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
I just ordered the Panasonic PT-L300U 16 X 9 LCD Projector. I was on the fence with DLP projectors, and just couldn't find a true stand-out in the sub $2,000 range. In the past we had a Barco 801s CRT, which was almost HT nirvana, then I had to move for a job, so we left the Barco with the house. I Know LCD won't be as sweet as the Barco, but from what I've seen, this Panasonic weighing in at 6 pounds, will do admirably compared to the 235 pound Barco. Now to get busy finishing up the dedicated HT room.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations on the new projector. Projector central recently gave it a very good write up. You must give us you review once you get it.

Bill Cowmeadow

Second Unit
No, I probably won't use the DVI. I will primarily use the component, VGA connector and the S-Video connections. I had picked up a component video box for my RCA DTC-100, which will be nice to up-convert the local cable signal to a decent resolution.
I just finished the insulation for the HT room, tomorrow I hang sheet rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks