What's new

Took the plunge....JVC 24" Flat I-ART Series! (1 Viewer)

SandeepS

Grip
After much research, I bought the above Model (FS24703)and am really pleased with my purchase. I bought this for a whooping $335 incl 2 year ext warrantee! Initially, I was planning to buy the 27" Model but after taking the measurements, it was definitely out of the question as it was not gonna fit in my bedroom. (I currently had a 3 yr old Funai 19" regular TV). Though the 16:9 mode available on the remote on the 27" set is simply outstanding but the 24" doesn't has the squeeze :-( but still the same lines of resolution at 750, hence the extremely clear picture.

The side speakers also do a decent job if u increase the bass and the BBE sound.

Now I haven't calibrated the set yet and would like if someone can please post the instructions to access the service mode on this set. Also what are the settings u guys have changed to fully maximise the potential of this TV?

Your input would be highly appreciated!

SandeepS

Grip
BTW....another question. I've heard there are some DVD's(especially animated movies) where there's some kind of color calibration available that can used to optimize the TV?

Can anyone list such DVD's please? (Is Shrek one of them?)

Thx

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Congrats on your new set & my daughter was thinking of getting this set for the same reason (27" too Big) & the only thing I din't like compared to the 27" was that you can't turn the SVM "OFF" so I hope someone chimes in here & tells us how to get into the "Service Menu" & turn it "OFF" & if someone does PLEASE list it in simple steps 1, 2, 3 & etc so I can send it to my daughter for her to do it with me over the phone. Thanks ahead of time guys. So your happy with the Picture & Sound Quality on the 24" JVC?

SandeepS

Grip
"So your happy with the Picture & Sound Quality on the 24" JVC?"

Hell, yeah! Watched 'Reign of Fire' DVD last night and my wife was like...."OMG, it sounds so real!"
I've hooked up my JVC DVD player using monster components and the picture quality is very crisp and lively. I view the TV from 6 feet away so it almost appears to be 27".

Great set and many inputs and great price too. Only minor complain is the sound volume goes very low at '3' and then goes too high at '4'. I've got a 11 month baby so the reduction in sound is sometimes neccessary for night-time TV/DVD watching.

Overall, a great set and I highly recommend it everybody!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Thanks, & lets hope someone posts how to turn "off" SVM in the service menu. Maybe a seperate post on it would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks