What's new

Took the plunge (hint B&W) (1 Viewer)

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
Ok last nite- I finally put my money where my mouth is. After about 2 hours of listening to music and sampling the various B&W lines, I got'em.

What did I get??

2 CDM 7NT black

2 CDM 1NT black

1 CDM CNT

I'll skip a few lunches so I can buy a sub next.

So for the month its a RP91, Onkyo 696, a 51HW40, HD100

Ill let u know once I get everything hooked up with about 2 miles of cable.

Back to work

-Mike

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Mike, all I can say is WOW! That is exactly the speaker set-up I have been dreaming about lately. Did you get the B&W stands for the 1nt's or have you gone another route? Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was the difference in price between the 7nt's and the CNT? I ask because I know how much the 7NT's are around here(and they are somewhat doable for my budget) but I haven't been able to see any of the CNT's and most of the places that sell B&W around here go by the credo "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".
Hurry up and get some pictures of your new gear so we can all drool :)

Mike Main

Stunt Coordinator
Look I dont care how much money u have, u need to ask how much stuff is. They dont want to tell you, go somewhere else. Its not everyday the sell $30k systems so..

Anyway the CNT is the center channel (heavy 30lbs) and actually didnt sample the center channel(sometimes u gotta roel the dice). I was actually going to get the CDM SNT and wall mount but I went with the 1NTs. I will need one stand cause i have a mantle to hold the other on the rear/side of my seating area. I listened to the 803's which are $3500 a pair and they are worth it but you have to put a stop it.

I was able to get them under MSRP but I think thats normal.

--Mike

JohnnyN

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations...
I'm sure you tried to get the prices down but to no avail... anybody who's ever tried to buy B&W Speakers has probably been told "We are not allowed to lower the price of these speakers, B&W won't allow us" I don't know how much I believe them but even at MSRP these speakers are worth every penny.
MY setup
B&W 9NT - mains
B&W SNT - wall mounted surrounds
B&W CNT - center channel
B&W DM303 - rears
here's a link to some pictures of my home theaters... these are old pictures so the canton ergo 90s are still there... they've since been retired to my 2 ch music only system.
Link Removed

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Rajee, thanks for the price list, the CNT is quite a bit cheaper than I had anticipated and I may not have to wait long to buy it..
Mike, I agree but in my case there are only a couple of retailers that carry B&W on the island so I am pretty much guaranteed to buy from them and they know it. My other option would be to go to the mainland but lugging around 5 speakers in the back of my Geo around Vancouver is no pleasant thought:) .

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Congratulations! I am waiting delivery of my 7NTs any day; got a pair for $1700, and the CMT for $540. Unfortunately my room configuration won't allow wall mounted or stand mounted surrounds :frowning: , so I have to go with ceiling mounts (CMW80).

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking of taking a similar plunge, well not so deep, I was thinking of going with 602's all around, what do you guys think?

The dealer here you can't really haggle with but they are awesome, they provide 15' of free 12 guage wire (bi-wired) with each speaker (really nice stuff). As well as a trade up program.

The trade up is killer, you can buy any set of speakers or amp or anything they have and within 1 year bring it back and get 100% back of what you paid, then you can upgrade to a better speaker, and do the same next year until you get to the top of the line and can't upgrade anymore!

So actually I don't have enough cash to get the 602's right away so I was going to get the 303's then get then the 601's or 602's or something, eventually I'll be at nautilus and have not even noticed it!!

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
There are authorized B&W dealers out there that will sell mail-order at significant discounts. They're difficult to find, however, because they don't advertise the fact. Obviously, these dealers don't want B&W to find out they are violating territorial rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks