What's new

Took the HDTV plunge,,,,Mitsubishi ws-55807 (1 Viewer)

Gregory Scott Bass

Stunt Coordinator
Purchased this today, was able to talk them down to 2574, This set looked awesome with the dish hdtv demo loop. I called a local isf dealer to come out and calibrate after initial burn in...it should be delivered tuesday...now I just need to decide between dish or directv...does the 6000 upconvert the standard dtv channels or is it just output through svideo? and does it have a doubler inside? all the reviews love the mits but all note it doesnt do ntsc as well so I need to ensure I get a decoder that does. Thanks Scott
P.S. I was surprised to see this good of a set this size for this price....I could'nt find anything with its specs even close

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Based on what I've read here and on other forums, you should wait a bit for the ISF calibration. By all means, use Avia or Video essentials to set the contrast, brightness, color, etc., but don't pay up front for an ISF calibration because the settings will (apparently) change in the first few weeks.
The Dish 6000, once in HD mode, will play all channels through your television's DTV input, which is component video on the 807. The 6000 does not have a line doubler.
Enjoy!
Regards,
Steve

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The 6000 will upconvert standard channels to 1080i or 720p your choice....
------------------

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
But your TV only handles 1080i, not 720p.
- Steve

Users who are viewing this thread