Took My First Trip To a REAL Theater Today!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew_Sch, Apr 13, 2002.

1. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

As you may or may not have guessed by looking at my place of residence, I took my first trip to the world-famous Senator today. All of my previous movie-going experience has been at soulless mega-google-plexes, so going to a single-screen, art deco theater was a great new experience. Besides the immensely superior video and audio quality, I loved the fact that I didn't have to sit through the Lowes ad, Fandango ad, Moviefone ad, M&M's ad, Rice Krispie Treat ad, and five trailers before the movie started. They just told us not to smoke, then started the movie, which I have amazingly neglected to mention was LOTR:FOTR, my fourth (and most memorable) viewing. Another great thing: No children under 5 years of age are admitted. I don't know how I'll ever be able to go back to Lowes after this.[​IMG]

2. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

3. David Ely

David Ely Supporting Actor

In my experience, it's usually the older crowd that makes most of the noise.

4. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Boy Andrew, what took you so long?!?! [​IMG]
    Yeah, the Senator is a great theater. During my time in Baltimore, I saw all the big action films there like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Top Gun, as well as more cerebral fare like Amadeus. Great screen and great sound. [​IMG] [​IMG] My aunt still lives there and doesn't like it because they don't have bargain matinees, but the stellar main screen at McClurg Court here has the same policy. You get what you pay for.

5. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

6. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

Any rules about cellphones there???

I saw LOTR last night for the first time. I don't usually go to movies because I despise most theaters, so I end up waiting for the DVD. Well, a friend I hadn't seen for awhile wanted to get together so we wound up at the local 12-plex.

In the middle of the movie some jerk's cellphone rang and he, of course, answered it and carried on a conversation for a few minutes. Bastard. I almost yelled out, "TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, BUDDY", but decided against it.