What's new

Took My First Trip To a REAL Theater Today!!! (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
As you may or may not have guessed by looking at my place of residence, I took my first trip to the world-famous Senator today. All of my previous movie-going experience has been at soulless mega-google-plexes, so going to a single-screen, art deco theater was a great new experience. Besides the immensely superior video and audio quality, I loved the fact that I didn't have to sit through the Lowes ad, Fandango ad, Moviefone ad, M&M's ad, Rice Krispie Treat ad, and five trailers before the movie started. They just told us not to smoke, then started the movie, which I have amazingly neglected to mention was LOTR:FOTR, my fourth (and most memorable) viewing. Another great thing: No children under 5 years of age are admitted. I don't know how I'll ever be able to go back to Lowes after this.:D

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Boy Andrew, what took you so long?!?! ;)
Yeah, the Senator is a great theater. During my time in Baltimore, I saw all the big action films there like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Top Gun, as well as more cerebral fare like Amadeus. Great screen and great sound. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: My aunt still lives there and doesn't like it because they don't have bargain matinees, but the stellar main screen at McClurg Court here has the same policy. You get what you pay for.
I didn't have to sit through the Lowes ad, Fandango ad, Moviefone ad, M&M's ad, Rice Krispie Treat ad, and five trailers before the movie started.
Well, I actually enjoy the trailers, though I could do without the Sierra Mist commercials with guys and frozen undershorts :D

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Well, I actually enjoy the trailers, though I could do without the Sierra Mist commercials with guys and frozen undershorts
My feelings exactly. I don't mind a trailer or two as long as it's for a movie that looks at least mildly interesting, but I loathe having to sit through ten minutes of commercials BEFORE the trailers even start. If I wanna do that, I can just watch TV for free.

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Any rules about cellphones there???

I saw LOTR last night for the first time. I don't usually go to movies because I despise most theaters, so I end up waiting for the DVD. Well, a friend I hadn't seen for awhile wanted to get together so we wound up at the local 12-plex.

In the middle of the movie some jerk's cellphone rang and he, of course, answered it and carried on a conversation for a few minutes. Bastard. I almost yelled out, "TURN YOUR PHONE OFF, BUDDY", but decided against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks