took a trip to the Bose store..pretty funny

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shad R, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Shad R

Shad R Supporting Actor

So my friend and I are in Cherry Creek, Denver, this weekend at the ultra trendy mall, and we decide to go mess with the Bose guys. I start drilling him with frequency response questions, and he can't give me a straight answer. He keeps sidestepping, and saying things like "well, frequency response isn't important, it's a preference" blah blah blah. Then he mentions the new Acoustamass bass module goes "BELOW HUMAN HEARING"!! Then I ask about wattage, and he says "Bose doesn't supply watts for systems or speakers, because if it sounds good to you it shouldn't matter." My friend and I were trying not to laugh. The guy started to get nervous when I mentioned that I wouldn't buy one unless I knew frequency and wattage. He really thought he was losing a sale! So, the guy starts demoing their newest system(Acus. 35 I think). I notice that Armegeddon sounds better than it should on a Bose(louder anyway). Then, my friend notices the wires run to the speakers from the BACK ROOM! The wires to the speakers come out of the wall, from the back room, into the back of the speakers! fishy. I almost asked him why the wires come from the back room, but I decided I messed with him enough, and we left. It was pretty funny, though. I understand why people buy Bose, the size. But still...

2. EricHaas

EricHaas Supporting Actor